The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) will effect transfer requests for thousands of teachers in April after the conclusion of the national examination.
According to TSC, the transfer letters for both classroom teachers and school administrators will be available at their sub-county office country-wide. School headteachers and principals will be in charge of collecting and issuing transfer letters to their respective teachers in schools.
TSC moved applications for transfers online platform. Since then, all applicants for transfers must be done online.
Through a circular by the TSC CEO Nancy Macharia, she said that this part of its 2019-2923 strategic plan aimed to automate and ease service delivery.
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has made the application for a teacher transfer very easy. The application for transfer is now purely done online and there is no need of filling out the manual transfer application form.
To apply for transfer, click on Teacher Online portal Transfer Application Portal where you will be required to enter your TSC number, Id number and mobile phone number then click login.
How to proceed with your application process
- Visit the TSC online transfer application portal by using the link; https://hrmis.tsc.go.ke/tm-app/apply_transfer.
- In the new window, enter your TSC Number, ID Number, and mobile phone number. You will get a notification from TSC with your security code (A six-digit authorization code) after clicking on ‘Login’
- Enter the authorization code that was sent to your mobile number, before logging in. Now, click ‘login.’
- On successful login, the system is able to detect if you are either a primary or a post-primary teacher
- Click ‘Submit a Request for Transfer’ to proceed
- Enter all the details, and check the declaration box
- Now tick the box next to this declaration;
- After entering all the details and checking the declaration box, click ’OK
- The system will display your current station and the requested County
- Click ‘File Attachment(s)’ button to attach supporting document(s) in case the request for transfer is due to insecurity and/or medical grounds
- You can also Edit, Withdraw or Print the transfer request
- Click Browse to select the document to attach
- Enter your Remarks
- Check the dialogue box and Click Ok after attaching the document
- Your attachment(s) will be displayed. You can either Remove or View your attachment.
- Click Submit Button.
- Once your application is successfully delivered, application status changes to “Pending” (Please note the application status will keep on changing)
- Click Logout to exit from the system. The next bit is done by your principal or Head Teacher.
Transferring teachers from one institution to another without a letter of transfer is prohibited by TSC. In addition, once a transfer is formalized by the commission, the head of the institution must release teachers no later than 30 days after the transfer date.
Furthermore, school principals must provide the commission with entry and exits reports on the teachers involved. Previously, teachers applying for TSC swap transfers relied primarily on notices found on local education offices.