VACANCIES(RE-ADVERTISEMENT) FOR INTERNSHIP POSTS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS (16 TEACHER INTERNS)
TSC jobs,the teachers employer is officially inviting qualified teachers to fill 16 internship vacancies in secondary schools.
All interested and eligible candidates are asked to apply and submit their applications online through the official TSC website, www.tsc.go.ke under “Careers” or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than 2nd June, 2023.
For one to qualify for the advertised vacancies by teachers services Commission.They must meet the following requirements.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of at least a diploma in education with a minimum mean Grade of C+ (plus) and C+ (plus) in two teaching Subjects in KCSE or its equivalent;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
GENERAL INFORMATION TO INTERESTED CANDIDATES.
- Manual applications is not allowed.
- The Commission’s Recruitment Guidelines for the recruitment of Teacher Interns 2022/2023 Financial Year (Post Primary Institutions) shall apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present original academic and professional certificates.
- Selection of Candidates will strictly be on merit and based on the number of vacancies per County.
- Applicants who were previously employed by the Teachers Service Commission on permanent and pensionable and those who have served under TSC internship programme are not eligible.
- An applicant is allowed to apply in two schools where appropriate vacancies have been declared.
- Successful candidates must not take more than one Offer of Internship Engagement. Taking two or more offers of internship engagement will lead to disqualification.
- Successful applicants will be required to have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
KEY POINTS TO NOTE
- The Teacher Internship Programme is a one (1) year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering the teaching service.
- The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
- During verification/ interviews, applicants shall be required to produce the following: –
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable);
- A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport;
- Two (2) colour passport size photographs;
- A copy of National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card;
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
The Internship period will be for twelve (12) months.
MONTHLY STIPEND FOR TEACHER INTERNS
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher interns attached to secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/-. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION
RE-ADVERTISEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL INTERN POSTS – MAY
2023 (16) DISTRIBUTION OF POSTS BY COUNTY AND SUB-COUNTY