Did you know that the Teachers Service Commission can cancel a teacher’s transfer if certain conditions are not met?
Aside from inequitable teacher distribution, some of the reasons that may not warrant TSC teacher transfer include:
- unavailability of a vacancy in the area you have applied for transfer
- Medical grounds as proved or certified by a registered medical expert
- Other reasons that the TSC may consider necessary
In the memo seen by educationupdates.co.ke, TSC revoked the transfer initiated to one Simon Mulati, Principal of Tenwek Boys High School to St Anthony Boys kitale
According to the memo, it states that the transfer be cancelled and the principal be retained in the same station to teach Kiswahili and history. Also, the duties and responsibilities will remain as provided in the appointment letter as a principal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
- Is the Accounting Officer of the school.
- Is to set standards and targets of activities for the school.
- Controls the finances of the school.
- Maintains the school infrastructure and facilities.
- Plans, develops and monitors curricular and co-curricular activities of the school.
- Maintains discipline among staff and students of the school.
- Ensures the keeping of statutory records of the school, adhere strictly to the approved admission and transfer list from the Ministry of Education and approves issuance of testimonials and certificates.
- Supervises the proper completion of entry schedule of approved external examinations.
- Monitors the performance of his Deputy Principal and Deputy-Principals.
- Should be conversant with Government policies and regulations as they affect the school system.
- Is to endorse all incoming and outgoing correspondences for action.
- Maintains a functional and cordial relationship with the school community, School Management Committee, Old Students’ Association and other critical stakeholders.
- Shall provide job description for all supporting staff.
- Shall teach minimum of six periods per week.