The Teachers Service Commission has released a list of 73 deregistered teachers as of July 2022. Among the offenses committed by these teachers were misappropriation of funds, an intolerable code of conduct, immoral behavior, and chronic absenteeism. TSC, therefore, felt that they have breached the code of conduct and regulations.
“Pursuant to section 30 of the TSC Act (2012), the Commission wishes to publish names of teachers who have been removed from the Register of Teachers. Further, under the law these teachers cannot engage in teaching in any learning institution” Stated TSC
A teacher can be deregistered by The Teachers Service Commission if he/she:
- Obtains registration fraudulently
- Has been convicted of a sexual offence or an offence against a learner
- Has been convicted of a criminal offence which renders the person unfit to be a teacher
- Is found unfit to teach following disciplinary proceedings
- Suffers from physical or mental illness or infirmity which renders the person incapable of performing the duties of a teacher.
List Of Deregistered Teachers -JULY 2022