The Teachers Commission launched its Strategic Plan 2023–2027 as well as its Corporate vision and mission statements on July 6, 2023. The Plan and Statements are critical in providing strategic direction in the execution of the Commission’s mandate.
The new vision and mission statements are as follows:
A motivated, ethical and globally competitive teacher.
Old Vision: To be a transformative teaching service for quality education
To regulate, maintain and manage the teaching service through sound policies and operational excellence for quality teaching and lifelong learning.
Old Mission: To professionalize the teaching service for quality education and development.
- Customer focus
- Team spirit
You are therefore required to ensure that all staff and teachers under your jurisdiction are informed of the review.
Function of the Teachers Service Commission
1. To register trained teachers
2. To recruit and employ trained teachers
3. To assign teachers employed by the Commission for service in any public school or institution
4. To promote and transfer teachers
5. To exercise disciplinary control over teachers
6. To terminate the employment of teachers
7. To review the standards of education and training of persons entering the teaching service
8. To review the demand for and the supply of teachers
9. To advice the national government on matters relating to the teaching profession