Under the Career Progression Guidelines, the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) created new job grades for teachers (CPG).
Some job groupings were eliminated and others were merged as part of the ongoing TSC teacher upgrade. The grade previously known as P1, which was under Job Group G, was cancelled and replaced with Grade B5 under the new system of grading teachers.
This grade was established as the official entry grade for all primary school tutors. Secondary Teachers II are secondary school teachers with the grade C2 (previously K; Grade C2 is an admission grade for secondary school teachers with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or its equivalent).
The starting salary varies by rank. The first notch teacher makes 27,195 shillings per month, whereas the sixth notch teacher earns 33,994 shillings per month.
A school in a municipal zone will receive greater commuter and housing allowance. A school that is located in a hardship region will also receive a hardship grant. A monthly hardship allowance of 8,200 shillings will be given to a teacher in grade B5.
There are six notches. Each notch has a different basic salary. The salary increases from the first notch to the highest notch.
Physical Disability is another factor that contributes to the amount a teacher takes home. In this job group, a teacher who is physically challenged is entitled to a disability guide allowance of 20,000 shillings per month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables scheme of work, and maintain academic standards in school to ensure that syllabus is covered in time for valuation.
- Teach the subjects of specialization and impart knowledge, skills, and attitude to the learner.
- Evaluate the learners in subjects of specialization and prepare learners for national and other examinations. Introduce new ideas and programs for improvement in teaching and learning in subjects of specialization
- Ensure safety and health for learners
- Ensure cleanliness of the school compound and tidiness of learners
- Ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery through teamwork and collaboration planning
- Serve as the role model and maintain learner discipline to create a conducive environment for learning
- Provide guiding and counseling services to learners to instill norms and values for harmonious co-existence
- Participate in workshops, seminars symposiums to share ideas and enhance knowledge in subject areas
- Engage learners in curriculum and co-curriculum activities so as identity, nurture and develop talents
- Organize remedial actions for learners with performance gaps. Perform any other as may be assigned
Leave a Reply