TSC Curriculum Support Officers CSO (11) – Tsc Scale 10 is the entry grade for curriculum support officers. An Officer appointed to this grade may be assigned any of the following duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out regular visits to schools, observe teaching techniques, give demonstration lessons and advice teachers on methods and resources needed for effective teaching and learning.
- Collecting, collating and submitting data on school enrollment, establishment, staffing and other related information.
- Participating in the organization and management of co-curriculum activities.
- Identifying the training needs of teachers and heads of institutions and advice the Commission accordingly.
- Providing support services to teachers and advice on curriculum implementation, supervision and evaluation.
- Organizing and conducting courses on curriculum delivery and implementation through seminars, workshops, retreats and in service programs in conjunction with the sub county director.
- Assisting in identification and acquisition of appropriate teaching and learning resources.
- Assisting teachers to develop teaching aids and other reference materials.
- Updating teachers on curriculum changes, pedagogy, content coverage and other emerging issues in the teaching service.
- Developing work programs and prepare progress reports for the teachers advisory Centre.
- Working with the quality assurance officer to improve teaching and learning.
- Assisting in teacher Performance Appraisal and Development.
- Identifying and assess children with special needs and recommend them for appropriate placement in SNE institutions.
- Advising the Commission on the staffing needs of special schools and career progression and professional development of SNE teachers.
- Providing support services to teachers in special schools and advise on curriculum implementation, supervision and evaluation.
- Assisting SNE teachers to develop/acquire teaching and learning materials.
- Monitoring and ensure compliance with special needs education delivery standards.
- Monitoring the conduct of special needs education teachers in the management of special needs learners.
- Coordinating teacher Performance Appraisal and Development.
- Organizing and conducting courses, seminars, workshops, retreats and inservice program s for SNE teachers on matters related to SNE learners.
- Collecting and maintaining data on SNE schools and learners.
- Participating in the organization and management of co-curriculum activities for SNE schools
- Mentoring and coaching teachers
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a teacher must have:
- Served as a teacher for a cumulative period of not less than six (6) years;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized institution or A Bachelor’s degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in computer applications
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Meets the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution.’