Young Kenyans are set to benefit following the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) announcement of a mass recruitment drive for newly trained diploma and certificate holders. As always is a good news to this group.
In a statement seen by Educationupdates.co.ke on Tuesday, September 14, TSC has flagged off Teacher Internship Programme set for one year that will see beneficiaries get hands-on experience.
This comes in the advent queries concerning the Competence-Based- Curriculum(CBC), where the TSC has assured that it has trained 228,000 primary and 60,000 high-school teachers so far.
“TSC invites applications from qualified candidates to fill 1,995 teacher posts. The posts include 1,038 for primary schools and 957 for secondary schools,” read part of the statement.
Beneficiaries of the Teacher Internship Programme will receive a monthly stipend of Ksh 15,000 for primary school teachers and Ksh 20,000 for those recruited in secondary schools. The payments will be subjected to tax and other relevant deductions.
Upon completion of the internship programme is undertaken, the teachers recruited are set to be awarded certificates.
TSC has stipulated certain requirements for those interested, and they are :
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Must be registered with the Teachers Service Commission.
- Be a holder of a P1 Certificate for primary teachers and a Diploma for secondary teachers.
- Have original academic and primary certificates.
- Should not be in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission as a teacher on permanent terms.
How To Apply
“Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their application online through the Teachers Service commission website under the ‘Careers’ portal.
The application must be done before September 27, with the current teachers’ intern restricted from applying while encouraging people living with disabilities.
In a note well “NB,” on the statement, the TSC pointed that they had re-advertised 48 teaching posts in secondary schools on permanent and pensionable terms.
Additionally, the TSC listed vacant positions for filling in the managerial role for primary and secondary teachers, including the subordinate position.
The positions are;
- Deputy principal,
- Secondary Teachers,
- Senior Masters, and
- Primary Teachers.
Those interested in the vacant positions are required to upload documents, they include:
- Letter of appointment to the current grade.
- Letter of appointment to the current responsibility.
- Clearance certificate of Good Conduct from the DCI.
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB).
- Clearance certificate from the EACC.
- Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau.
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- The Teachers Service Commission has pointed out to the applicants to provide accurate information when applying, failure to which direct disqualification.