The Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has released the latest score sheet for teacher interns-post primary institutions and teachers with disabilities recruitment in 2023/2024.
After the Teachers Service Commission advertised the vacancies, it invited applications from qualified candidates to fill 20, 000 teacher internship posts (18,000 in Junior Secondary Schools and
2,000 in Primary Schools) to support the implementation of competency-based
Curriculum. Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website.www.tsc.go.ke under Careers.”
or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than July 18, 2023.
How to apply for TSC Internship opportunities
It is important to note that you can only apply for two counties only in each county one sub-county .To apply for the posts, online, follow the procedure below:
- Visit the TSC Website by using the link http://hrmis.tsc.go.ke
- From the Menu, select Careers followed by Teachers/ Secretariat. Next, click on ‘Apply for Teachers Internship Position.’
- In the screen displayed, Type in the TSC No, ID number and mobile and choose your selection either primary or secondary by clicking the drop down menu as shown below and click ok.
- An SMS from TSC will be sent to your line. Type in the sms code and click ‘OK’
- In the displayed, Click on Apply/view. Fill in your details, correctly.
- Next, Choose the Ref from the drop down and fill the other details not auto filled and click ok. Click ‘YES’ on the next screen.
- A screen will then be displayed showing the list of applications done by applicants.
NOTE: The teacher can make several application in different counties/sub counties
See all the changes in the new marking scheme below;
TSC Intern Recruitment Score Sheet.
TSC score sheet for recruitment of teachers with disabilities.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
The Internship period will be for twelve (12) months.
MONTHLY STIPEND FOR TEACHER INTERNS
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher interns attached to
Primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 15,000/=, while
those attached to Junior Secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/=. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher interns will be awarded a certificate.