Early Childhood Development Education (ECDE) is taught by teachers who teach at the pre-primary level.
ECDE teachers are registered by the Teachers Service Commission,(TSC), a body that is mandated to register, employ or dismiss, and promote or demote teachers in Kenya.
TSC Registration Requirements for ECDE Teachers
Requirements for ECDE teachers are classified into three categories;
- Minimum of CPE/KCPE plus ECDE Certificate from KNEC.
- Minimum mean grade D+(plus) at KCSE and ECDE Certificate from KNEC.
- Minimum mean grade D (plain) at KCSE, KNEC proficiency certificate, ECDE Certificate from KNEC
- Mean grade C Plain at KCSE and ECDE Certificate from KNEC.
- Mean grade C+ (plus) and above for University Diploma.
- Mean grade C+ and above
THIS IS WHAT SRC HAS INSTRUCTED ALL COUNTIES TO IMPLEMENT.
Lowest Paid Teacher
✓ECDE Teacher III (Certificate)
- Minimum Kshs.7836
- Maximum Kshs.8717
Highest Paid Teacher
✓Senior ECDE Teacher I (Diploma)
- Minimum salary, Kshs.15,224
- Maximum Kshs.19,094
STOP JOKING WITH ECDE TEACHERS, FOR GOD SAKE WHAT IS 7000KSH AS A SALARY
This should have happened a long time ago, many don’t understand how hard working these teachers do and are and their hard work is never appreciated, so it is a nice gesture and should be implemented as soon as possible
Plz understand the difference b/w a teacher and amaid
This is really a joke. These are people who mould our children. They r not house managers. This amount is a joke.
For heavenly sake, this should be the most paid teachers. This is very unfair and we pray that your eyes be opened to see their value.