On Tuesday, September 27, 2022, at State House in Nairobi, President Ruto gave a press briefing and claimed his deputy Gachagua’s new tasks will help him carry out his presidential duties.
“As I promised, my deputy is going to be a very busy person,” Ruto said.
Educationupdates.co.ke looks at the seven powerful roles assigned to the second in command;
Roles assigned to the second in command(Rigathi Gachagua);
1. Deputise for the President in executing the President’s functions.
2. Chair Cabinet committees.
3. Oversee Implementation of Cabinet decisions across all ministries and State Departments.
4. Coordinate Inter-Governmental relations between the National Government and County Governments, including Chairing the Inter-Governmental Budget and Economic Council (IBEC).
5. Liaison with Constitutional Commissions and Independent Offices in matters that require intervention by the National Government, including budgets, policy formulation, and implementation of their recommendations.
6. Coordinate the planning and supervise the implementation of development partners-funded programs and projects.
7. Oversee Public Sector Reforms and any other functions the President may assign.