Safaricom telecommunications company is pleased to announces to the public an internship opportunity for the year 2022 in the:
- Business Development,
- Enterprise Business,
- Financial Services
- Internal Audit,
- Corporate Affairs & Human Resources Divisions.
The internship program runs quarterly i.e. From April to June, July to September, October to December and January to March 2023.
Applicants for this program only happen once in the financial year allowing you to plan which quarter of the year you are available for.
This internship seek to expose you to the various teams within your assigned divisions e.g. Sales support, Marketing, Market research, MPESA, HR, Finance, Procurement, Audit, Corporate sales and innovation.
As an intern, you will be exposed to ‘on job training’ and exposure to our experienced leaders throughout the program.
Throughout an internship with Safaricom, you’ll tackle business challenges that make a real impact.
You will work alongside teams performing real tasks and you will develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
In keeping with our current learning needs, we are looking for University students who meet the criteria indicated below:
1. The applicant must be in his or her final or second last year of any Business-related degree program in an accredited institution of higher learning undertaking a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. You must be on break from school during the internship period for any of the quarters within the year.
3. Knowledge in any digital vertical within commercial e.g. digital marketing, digital sales, data science will be an added advantage.
4. Must be available for the full period of the internship program (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm).
5. You can only select 1 quarter in the year for which you will be available for the internship.
6.The internship is for a fixed period of three months without extension.
Qualifications FOR THE PROGRAM
I) Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment
II) Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow instructions, as well as the ability to challenge the status quo will enhance a successful internship.
III) Basic proficiency in MS office suite skill required.IV)As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
V) Letter from your college indicating you are a student there and/or require internship as part of requirement for course completion.
VI) NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
VII) Copy of National Identity Card.
VIII) Good conduct & CRB certificatePlease note you will be taken through a competitive process against other applicants for the internship program.
Candidates who are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications, are urged to proceed to update their candidate profile on Safaricom recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to Apply.