Safaricom, the leading telecommunication company in East africa has announced internship opportunities for the year 2022 for the below skills sets;
- Database Administration
- UI Design
- Solutions Architecture
- Cyber Security
- Network Infrastructure
- Data Science
The internship program will run for six months full time i.e. From February to July and August to January.
Call for applications will only happen once in the year allowing applicants indicate their full-time availability.
Successful Candidates will:-
- Be exposed to ‘On Job Training’ and mentorship from our experienced leaders throughout the program.
- Work closely with different departments across organization to nurture the given skills.
- Tackle business challenges that make a real impact.
- Work alongside teams performing real tasks and you’ll develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
- Will gain industry experience by working with domain and technology experts.
- Will get knowledge about different Safaricom products and services.
- Will gain understanding of Agile practices and methodologies.
Applicants should meet the following requirements;-
i)They must either be in their final year of study or graduated within the last two years.
ii)Must be available on full time basis for the 6 months internship period.
iii)Must have knowledge in at least one of these skillsets. i.e. UI Design, Database Administration, Solutions Architecture, Cyber Security, Network Infrastructure and Data Science.
iv)Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment.
v)Ability to follow instructions, as well as to challenge the status quo.
As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
- A recommendation letter /Completion letter/ graduation certificate from your University.
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Good conduct & CRB certificate (not older than 12 months)
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Safaricom recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button.
Remember to fill out your candidate profile and attach all relevant documents.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.