Career Progression Guidelines (CPGs) define the academic and professional standards for curriculum support officers’ progression. The guidelines link an officer’s promotion to his or her performance and professional conduct.
The TSC Career Progression Guidelines came into effect on September 11th, 2019, replacing the existing Schemes of Service. All serving curriculum officers will be automatically included in the Career Progression Guidelines.
Aims of TSC CSO Career Progression Guidelines
- To provide for minimum requirements for recruitment
- To provide for a well-defined career structure that will attract, motivate and facilitate retention of suitably qualified and competent staff;
- To provide for Clearly defined job descriptions and specifications with clear duties and responsibilities at all levels within the career structure, which will ensure proper deployment, advancement and utilization of personnel;
- Incorporation of human resource planning principles to address career progression and succession management;
- Provision of minimum qualifications for career advancement;
- To establish standards for recruitment, training and development, and advancement within the career structure on the basis of knowledge, competence, merit, experience and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- A mechanism for monitoring and evaluating career progression.
The Curriculum Support Officers, CSOs, are charged with the responsibility assessing teachers needs, training them, providing professional guidance and assessing learning outcomes among other responsibilities.
In addition, CSOs also ensure that teachers comply with the set teaching
standards, advise on career progression and professional development for teachers,monitoring the conduct and performance of teachers and collection and maintenance of teacher management data.
TSC CSOs GRADING STRUCTURE AND SCOPE.
The Career Progression Guidelines establishes four (4) grades of Curriculum Support Officers, who will be designated and graded as follows:
|Designation||TSC Scale||Length of Service|
|Curriculum Support Officer II||10||9|
|Curriculum Support Officer I||11||10|
|Senior Curriculum Support Officer||12||12|
|Chief Curriculum Support officer||13||15|