Teachers Service Commission has planned the retooling of teachers who will handle grade 7 (junior secondary) In Competency Based Curriculum (CBC] and Competency Based Assessment (CBA] with effect from 13th to 19th March, 2023 face to face in the Teacher Training Colleges and select venues in the County.
The Retooling will involve the Trainers of Trainers and Master Trainers who will offer professional support and training.
The dates for the face to face smart cascade model of training are as follows:
The Mode of training the model of retooling will be smart cascade done face to face using a multi- agency approach.The teacher capacity development will be conducted as follows:
- Head Teachers will be retooled for 3 days face to face .
- Teachers wil be retooled for 6 days face to face.
- The TOTs will retool teachers for 6 days
- The Master trainers will offer professional support during the retooling of teachers.
The exercise will be:
- Non-residential for non ASAL and teachers wil be provided with transport refund
- Residential for ASAL and teachers will be provided with accommodation allowance
- Residential for SNE teachers in both ASAL and non ASAL and they will be provided with accommodation allowance
- Residential for TOTs, for regular and SNE and they will be provided with accomodation allowance.The venues will be Teacher.
- Training Colleges and or selected venues in each county.
Every primary school will identify 3 teachers and the head teacher for retooling as follows:
- Head teachers for both regular and SNE
- Teachers with Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Education with at least C+ (Plus) mean grade or its equivalent and two teaching subjects. .
- Teachers currently recruited for junior secondary.
The target teachers will be clustered in the following subject areas;
- English, Literature, foreign and indigenous languages
- Kiswahili and Kenya sign language
- Pure sciences -Integrated science Biology. Chemistry. Physics and Health Education.
- Humanities-Social Studies (Citizenship. Geography. History) Religious Studies. (CRE. IRE, Hindu, HRE and PPI) and live skills
- Technical subjects – Pre vocational and pre career- Business Studies, Sports and Physical Education, Home Science. Art and design
The purpose of this MEMO is to kindly request you to:
- Invite the TOTs recently retooled for teacher retooling
- Invite the head teachers for both regular and SNE (as per data provided)
- Invite the 3 teachers regular for retooling (as per data provided)
- Invite teachers from Special schools, Units, and the Integrated school. (as per data provided)
- Invite teachers from private schools and inform them to cater for expenses on transport and meals and accommodation .
- identify and prepare appropriate training venues -(TTCs and or appropriate venues)