The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) will prioritize P1 teachers who completed competency-based teacher education.
According to an advertisement posted last week for teacher recruitment, the Commission claims that teachers will have an advantage during the next recruiting interviews.
“Teachers with Upgrade Diploma in Primary Teacher Education (CBC) will have an added advantage,” TSC said in the advert.
In the advert TSC has listed 20, 000 teacher internship posts (18,000 in Junior Secondary Schools and 2,000 in Primary Schools) to support the implementation of Competency Based Curriculum.
The recruitment of teachers is through the TSC online recruitment portal and will end on 18th July, 2023.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR UPGRADING TO DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER EDUCATION (DECTE)
1. The applicant must possess a valid ECDE Certificate NOT Provisional. The ECDE certificate must have been obtained from a recognized training institution.
2. The duration of the Course shall be1890 Hours.
3. The course shall be fully residential and shall last for 5 terms 4 terms for tuition and 1 for practicum.
4. The trainee shall take all courses specified in the upgrading programme of Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE).
5. The trainees shall undertake a Teaching Practicum of 300 Hours.
6. To be awarded the Diploma, the trainee must complete the required hours for Course Work and pass the stipulated assessment by the Kenya National Examination Council.