NYS- Kenya National Youth Service wishes to announce to the general public that there will be a recruitment exercise of NYS Volunteers (male and female) throughout the Republic from Monday, 10th to Friday, 14th January, 2022 as per the below requirements and dates schedule.
All applicants for enlistment in NYS (Kenya National Youth Service) must fulfil the following requirements:
1. Be a Kenyan citizen and resident of the respective County of recruitment.
2. Must undergo a Medical check-up during and after the recruitment exercise
3. Be prepared to give voluntary service to the Nation in any part of Kenya.
4. Be prepared to undergo rigorous physical training.
5. Produce Original National Identity Card, Academic Certificates (and avail one set of photocopies of the same at the recruitment centre) .
6. Must have Certificate of Good Conduct
7. Must be between 18 – 24 years old (both ages inclusive).
8. Have a mean Grade of D plain and above in KCSE.
9. Successful candidates will report for the NYS Basic paramilitary training Course at NYS College, Gilgil or Naivasha on dates and times specified in respective call up notices to be issued.
NYS Recruitment Special Cases
Orphans who meet the NYS qualification requirements as stated above will be given special preference subject to production of sufficient documentary proof such as parents’ death certificates or burial permits.
People living with Disabilty are also encouraged to avail themselves for the NYS recruitment exercise in their respective sub counties