The commission has created a new organizational structure, with the following key features:
Three directorates have been established, each led by a Deputy Commission Secretary (DCS). The following are the directorates:
- Administration and Finance
- Management of teachers
- Human Resource Development and Management
There will be divisions, sections, and sub-sections in each directorate.
Subdivisions will be led by a senior deputy director, while divisions will be led by a director. Specialized units are also overseen by a director or deputy senior director.
The directorates with divisions and specialized units that report to them are listed below:
1. Teacher Management Directorate
- Staffing division
- Quality Assurance and Standard and Teacher Registration Division
- Field Service Division
2. Finance and Administration Directorate
- Finance and Accounts Division
- General Administration Division
3. Human Resource Management and Development
- Human Resource management Division
- Human Resource Section Division
- Pension Section
4. Specialized Units
The following specialized units will report Directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- Information Communication and Technology
- Legal Service Commission
- Internal Audit Division
- Corporate Communication Section
- Policy Planning Research and Innovation Section
- Supply Chain Management Section
5. Decentralized Units
In addition to existing county and sub county structures, the commission has established the following regional offices to be headed by TSC regional coordinators.
- Rift Valley
- North Eastern
The regional coordinators shall report to the Deputy Secretary Commission, Teacher Management.