There are two job categories for senior teachers in primary schools. Senior Teacher I, who is in the job group C3, and Senior Teacher II, who is in the job group C2.
One must have worked as a Senior Teacher II (job group C2) for at least three years before being promoted to Senior Teacher I (job group C3).
The guidelines for Senior Teacher II appointments in primary schools are listed below.
SENIOR TEACHER II (T-SCALE 7) JOB GROUP C2
This grade serves as a promotion and a starting point for the administrative cadre. Promotion to this grade will be competitive and subject to vacancies in the establishment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT OF SENIOR TEACHER II (C2)
To qualify for appointment to the grade of Senior Teacher II, a teacher must: –
- have served as Primary Teacher I T-Scale 6 (job group C1) for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal (TPAD) process;
- have successfully undertaken the relevant TPD modules;
- demonstrate ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support to other teachers;
- have a valid Teaching Certificate.
- meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution; and
- meet any other requirement the Commission may deem necessary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SENIOR TEACHER II (C2)
The duties of a teacher at this level shall be to:-
- . prepare lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables, schemes of work and maintain academic standards in the school to ensure that the syllabus is covered in time for evaluation;
- teach the subjects of specialization to impart knowledge and skills to the learners;
- evaluate the learners on subjects of specialisation and prepare them for national and other examinations;
- provide new ideas and programmes to ensure improvement in teaching and learning in the subjects of specialisation;
- embrace teamwork through collaborative planning and teaching to ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery;
- serve as a role model and maintain learner discipline to create conducive environment for learning;
- provide guidance and counselling services to learners to instil norms and values for harmonious co-existence;
- organise workshops/seminars/ symposiums to share ideas, and further knowledge in subjects areas;
- organize remedial actions to support learners with performance gaps.
- collect, collate and maintain all school records such as; enrolment, teaching and learning resources, evaluation records, attendance registers;
- organise and coordinate school based in-service programmes to build teachers capacity for improved teaching and learning;
- organise school based and zonal subject panels to facilitate sharing of knowledge, innovations and new trends;
- coordinate gender mainstreaming issues for teachers and learners in curricular and co-curricular activities such as sports to ensure gender equity, equitable participation and maximization of potential of teachers and learners;
- ensure discipline in school and arbitrate disputes among learners;
- supervise cleanliness of the school compound and ensure learners are tidy; and
- serve as secretary to the school disciplinary committee.
TSC SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES FOR B5, C1, C2 AND C3 TEACHERS
|Grade||TSC Scale||Basic Pay|
|Grade||TSC Scale||Commuter Allowance|
DISABILITY GUIDE ALLOWANCE
|Grade||TSC Scale||Disability Guide Allowance|
|Grade||TSC Scale||Annual Leave Allowance|
|Grade||TSC Scale||Hardship Allowance|