KUCCPS (Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service) is pleased to announce the following:
- The online application system for government-sponsored university and college placement is now available and will remain open until Thursday, June 2, 2022.
- All 2021 KCSE candidates who applied for courses at school but afterwards changed their minds are encouraged to do so. Those who did not apply at school have until the deadline to submit their applications.
There are a total of 18 programs for which applications are required.
These are the following:
) six chances for the degree program
II) Four chances for the diploma option
III) Four options for the Craft courses
IV) Four options for the artisan courses.
You only require your KCSE index number and birth certificate number or KCPE index number as your log in details.
To revise your courses for KUCCPS, follow the link below on
How to Apply;
1.All applications must be done online through the student’s portal accessible through the KUCCPS website students.kuccps.net
2.Log in using your credentials ie KCSE index number, KCSE year and password.
(For your initial password, use your birth certificate number or KCSE index number)
3.Once you’ve logged in, select four courses that you would like to pursue and the government institution.
4.List them in order of priority, the first being the most preferable and the fourth being the least.
5.Once done click submit.
What are the minimum requirements
- A mean grade of C+ is the minimal entry requirement for Degree courses.
- The overall minimum entry requirement for Diploma courses is C- (minus), D (plain), and E for Craft Certificate courses and Artisan Certificate courses.
Who is eligible can apply
- Only applicants with a C+ or higher in the KCSE examination class of 2021 are eligible to apply for degree programs.
- Form 4 Leavers who took the KCSE between 2000 and 2021 and were never placed by KUCCPS are allowed to register for courses at all levels, save for the degree. (i.e., they can only apply for TVET college courses)
- Form 4 Students who took the KCSE between 2000 and 2021 and scored a grade of C (plain) or higher are eligible to apply for placement in Primary Teacher Training Colleges (TTCs).
- Kenyans who have completed other courses but want to train to be teachers, as well as individuals with foreign qualifications and non-Kenyans, can apply to Primary TTCs.