The head of state stated Mudavadi will now be the third-most powerful government figure in his administration when announcing his appointment at State House.
The president outlined certain duties that Mudavadi was to carry out in an effort to prevent disagreements within his administration.
“Prime Cabinet Secretary will be Musalia Mudavadi It’s the third most senior after President and DP. I have set out functions for that office. He will assist President and DP in the coordination of govt projects and supervise govt business in all Ministries,” Ruto said.
Education.co.ke looks at the six duties to be performed by the Prime Cabinet Secretary;
Six duties to be performed by the Prime Cabinet Secretary;
1. Assist the President and Deputy President in coordinating and supervising Government Ministries and State Departments.
2. In liaison with the Ministry responsible for Interior and National Administration, oversee the implementation of National Government policies, programs, and projects.
3. Chair and Coordinate National Government legislative agenda across all ministries and state departments in consultation with and for transmission to the Party/Coalition Leaders in Parliament.
4. Facilitate inter-ministerial coordination of cross-functional initiatives and programs.
5. Coordinate and supervise the technical monitoring and evaluation of Government policies, programs, and projects across Ministries.
6. Perform any other function as may be assigned by the President