From April 25 to May 13, 2022, the Teachers Service Commission plans to train Junior Secondary School teachers in Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) and Competency Based Assessment (CBA).
According to the cascade model of training, Master Trainers must train the Trainers of Trainers (TOTs) and then provide professional support during face-to-face teacher training in the county and subcounty.
The cascade model of training will be as follows
- The Master Trainers train the Trainers of Trainers (TOTs) physically for 4
- The TOTs train teachers face to face with strict adherence to MOH COVID 1 9 prevention protocols for 4
- The Master Trainers offer professional support during teacher training at the County and Sub-County.
All instructors in grades 7, 8, and 9 from both public (regular and SNE) and private schools will benefit from the training.
Teachers of Languages, Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Humanities, and Technical subjects will benefit from the initial level of training.
Teachers will be grouped together according to departments. Six teachers from Languages, Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Humanities, and Technical disciplines will be selected from each secondary school to participate in the program.
The following is a breakdown of the target teachers:
- Languages – English, Kiswahili, Foreign and Indigenous Languages and Kenya Sign
- Pure Sciences -Integrated Science – Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Health
- Applied Sciences- Agriculture, Home science and computer studies
- Humanities – Social Studies (Citizenship, Geography, History) Religious Studies, (CRE, IRE, Hindu, HRE and PPI) and live
- Technical subjects and Creative Arts – Pre vocational and pre career – Business studies, music, sports and physical education Home.
The specific dates for the smart cascade model of training are as follows:
2nd tO 6th
|Training of Trainers of|
Face to face
|Trainers of Trainers ( ToTs) drawn from TSC SCDs, CSOs, Tutors|
from TTCs, and Champion teachers)
9 th tO 1 3th May, 2022
Selected Venues at the county
|Training of teachers clustered per|
Face to face
|Teachers of Languages, Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Humanities and Technical subjects.|
Trainers of Trainers (ToTs)
The Trainers of Trainers will train regular teachers at the Sub County level and the SN E teachers at the county level. The following will participate as ToTs;
- Subject Tutors from teacher training colleges who are subject panelists with KICD (Both regular and SNE).
- Curriculum Support Officers with Bachelor’s degree in Education with two teaching subjects’ combination (Both regular and SNE).
- TSC Sub-County Directors with Bachelor’s degree in Education with two teaching subjects’ combination
- Secondary schools Teacher Champions drawn from Languages, Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Humanities and Technical
- Secondary school SN E champion
LIST OF TRAINERS OF TRAINERS PER COUNTY FOR JUNIOR SECONDARY CBC TRAINING
Leave a Reply