Teachers hired through the internship program by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) are required to serve for a year.
It’s worth mentioning that if the TSC posts permanent employment vacancies, intern teachers are able to apply.
Failure to satisfy adequate requirements for performance or adhere to the internship code of conduct may result in termination by the Commission or its authorized representatives.
Interns receive a stipend determined by the Commission, subject to annual budgetary provisions, under the TSC internship agreement.
MONTHLY STIPEND FOR TEACHER INTERNS
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher interns attached to
Primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 15,000/=, while
those attached to Junior Secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/=. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
Breakdown of Junior Secondary school intern teacher
|No.||Break down||Amount (Ksh)|
|4||NET Pay (After deductions)||19,050.00|
How to Download TSC Intern Payslip
To access the TSC Intern Payslip, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to the TSC T-Pay site.
- Scroll down the page until you find the login window for TSC payslips.
- In the provided boxes, enter your TSC number or ID number and password as prompted.
- Once you have entered your login credentials, click on the login tab.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the ‘reset password’ option to generate a new password.
- After successfully logging in, locate the Latest Payslip option from the list on the left side of your screen.
- Click on the Latest Payslip option, and the most recent payslip will be displayed on your screen.
- If you want a physical copy, click on the Print tab.
- By default, payslips for the last four months are displayed. If you need to download payslips from previous months, select the ‘View Payslips’ sub-menu on the left side of your screen and specify the desired year and month.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher interns will be awarded a certificate.
The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer as per the constitutional provisions and law and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.