The Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) has established a three-month internship program for degree, diploma, and certificate students (September to November 2023).
Kenya Power sought applications for September intakes for degree, diploma, and certificate programs in a notice posted on its website.
“In line with the government’s commitment to supporting youth empowerment, Kenya Power is offering continuing students an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and develop key employability skills,” the statement read in part.
Those pursuing a certificate should take Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Power Option), Mechanical/Automotive Engineering, Building & Civil, and Plumbing courses.
Interested students must be available for the entire three-month internship period. They must also provide documentation that they are continuing students at accredited institutions in the country.
“Applicants should have an introductory letter from the recognized learning institution. Students pursuing a Craft Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Mechanical/Automotive Engineering are also encouraged to apply,” Kenya Power noted.
Students will be placed based on their academic qualifications. All applications should be done online through the Kenya Power website.
How To Apply
- Visit the KPLC website by typing the URL www(dot)kplc(dot)co(dot)ke into your web browser.
- Locate and click on the public information icon, then choose “career opportunities” from the options provided.
- Scroll down the page until you find the internship advertisement. Click on the “click here to register” tab to access the registration portal.
- Fill out the registration form to create an account. A prompt will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Open the email and click on the link provided in the PDF to confirm your account and initiate the application process.
- Ensure that pop-ups are allowed in your browser settings to prevent any issues during the application process.
Those interested should submit their application on or before close of business on Monday, 24th July 2023.
Kenya Power notes that its an equal opportunity employer and discourages applicants from engaging in canvassing.There are no fees charged for submitting applications.