A three-month internship program for diploma and degree students has been announced by the Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC).
Kenya Power invited applications for certificate, diploma, and degree courses with September intakes in a notice published on its website.
Those who are interested should submit their applications by Monday, July 25, at the latest, before close of business hours.
“In line with the government’s commitment to supporting youth empowerment, Kenya Power is offering continuing students an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and develop key employability skills,” the statement read in part.
Interested students must be available for the entire three-month internship duration. They must also submit proof to show that they are continuing students from recognised institutions.
“Applicants should have an introductory letter from the recognised learning institution. Students pursuing a Craft Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Mechanical/Automotive Engineering are also encouraged to apply,” Kenya Power noted.
Students will be placed based on their academic qualifications. All applications should be done online through the Kenya Power website.
How to Apply
1. Access the KPLC website using the URL www.kplc.co.ke http://www.kplc.co.ke
2. Click the public information icon and select career opportunities.
3. Scroll down to the internship advert and select the ‘click here to register’ tab to access the registration portal.
4. Fill in the form to sign up. A prompt will be sent to your email address.
5. Click on the link in the PDF to confirm your account and begin the application process.
6. Always allow pop-ups in your browser settings.
Kenya Power maintained that it is an equal opportunity employer and discouraged applicants from canvassing. It also informed applicants that it does not charge any fee for applications.