The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will be conducting training for teachers to prepare them to become examiners for Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
The training will take place between 3rd and 9th October 2021.
The shortlisted applicants will be notified on how they will pay the training fee of Ksh: 10,500.
The successful trainees will be incorporated into KNEC examiners database. KNEC will thereafter engage such examiners using the criteria for recruiting examiners based on the needs.
TRAINING VENUES FOR KNEC EXAMINERS
- English pp1 Thika High
- English pp2 Kiambu High
- Chem pp3-Kiambu High
- Chem pp2 Kiambu High
- kisw pp1-Alliance Girls
- kisw pp2 Alliance Boys
- Bio pp3-Thika High/Loreto Girls Limuru
- Bio pp1- Thika High.
- Cre pp1 St. Francis Mang’u
- Cre pp2 Alliance Boys
- Agric pp1 Loreto Girls Limuru
- Hist pp1 Kiambu High
NB.If you were shortlisted and you paid the money and not yet received the invitation letter. Carry your receipt to prove on the same and avail yourself.
TRAINING FOR KCPE EXAMINERS 2021
Primary school teachers to train as KCPE examiners in the following papers;
KCPE PAPER NAME /KCPE PAPER CODE
English Composition 901/1
Kiswahili Insha 902/1
TRAINING FOR KCSE EXAMINERS 2021
Secondary school teachers to train as KCSE examiners in the following papers;
KCSE PAPER NAME/ KCSE PAPER CODE
- English 101/1, 101/2
- Kiswahili 102/1, 102/2
- Biology 231/1, 231/2, 231/3
- Chemistry 233/2, 233/3
- History and Government 311/1, 311/2
- Christian Religious Education 313/1, 313/2
- Agriculture 443/1, 443/2
General criteria for selecting KNEC trainee examiners
- Must be a practicing teacher in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination.
- Must be registered and/or employed by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
- Have a minimum qualification of P1 for KCPE examination with a minimum of a C (plain) at KCSE level in the subject they are applying to train.
- Must have a Diploma in Education and above for KCSE marking.
- Have a minimum teaching experience of three (3) years.
- Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the TSC.
- Must be recommended by his/her head of institution
- Must be 50 years of age and below.