The 2022 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Oral and Practical Examination papers are scheduled to start on 21 st November and end on 25th November 2022.
The papers include :
- French (501),
- German (502),
- Arabic orals (503),
- Kenya sign language (504),
- Music Practical (511) and
- home science (441).
During the assessment, the centre managers of examination centres offering these examination papers are expected to collect the question papers for the day as indicated on the question paper packet and return duly sealed scores of the candidates to the Sub-County containers.
The centre managers must be escorted by security officers. The security officers at the examination centre during assessment will provide security and assist in ensuring candidates who are yet to be assessed are confined in a room and do not interact with those who have completed their assessment.
Only one supervisor identified, nominated and deployed in the examination centre offering these papers must be at the examination centre when the oral and practical papers will be conducted. The supervisor must liaise with the centre manager to be guided on when the oral and practical examination will be taking place in the examination centre.
The roles of the supervisor during assessment will be:-
- receiving the examination materials from the centre manager in one of the assessment rooms;
- handing over the examination materials to the assessor and signing the accountability documents;
- supervising the conduct of the assessment of the oral and practical papers.
- The supervisor will not be allowed in the assessment room once the examination start to avoid distracting the assessor and the candidates;
- confining candidates yet to take the assessment in a room where they cannot hear what is being assessed;
- ensuring candidates who complete the assessment leave the area and do not interact with the candidates who are yet to sit for the assessment.The candidates should leave the examination centre once they complete the assessment;
- collect well sealed envelope containing scores of the candidate and hand over the envelope to the centre manager to be returned to the sub county container;
- sign all the accountability documents provided.
Invigilators are not allowed at the examination centre during assessment of (KCSE) Oral and Practical Examination Papers.
Below is the circular