KISII HIGH SCHOOL BRIEF HISTORY
This is a boys only national public boarding secondary school located in Kisii, Kenya. The school was established in 1934 by the Young Kavirondo Association as Government African School.
Kisii school was among the other two ‘K’ schools that were started by the natives to offer quality education to students.The other two K schools are Kagumo High and Kakamega school.
The school started as a primary school and sat its first primary school examinations in 1938. By 1945, the school had introduced its secondary school section and presented its first student for the Kenya African Preliminary Examination in 1946.
The school has grown to produce students who end up as great people in the society.The school was elevated to National status in 2012
Notable alumni from the school include:
- Simon Nyachae who was the former Leader for Ford Party and Minister of Roads in Kenya,
- Robert Ouko, who is an athlete 400m relay gold medalist,
- Ratemo Michieka, who is the former vice Chancellor of JKUAT,,
- James Ongwae who was the first Governor of Kisii county,
- Dr. Fred Matiang’I who is the Cabinet Secretary of the Government of Kenya,
- Chris Obure, who is the first senator of Kisii county,
- Governor Wycliffe Oparanya, who is the first Governor of Kakamega county,
- Dalmas Otieno, who is the former Cabinet Minister and MP for Rongo and
- Governor John Nyagarama, who is the first governor of Nyamira county.
Strive for excellence.
To be a global centre of excellence in youth development, effectively providing leadership and academic skills geared towards promotion of a just and caring society that is founded on high moral standards
- quality and service,
- non discrimination and integrity.
Kisii High School location;
It is located along the Kisii CBD- Keroka road in Kisii county, Kenya. The school’s land was donated by Senior Chief Musa Nyandusi.
KISII HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMICS
The school offers a curriculum based on international standards that includes 24 subjects, 22 examinable subjects, and two non-examinable subjects.
KISII HIGH SCHOOL CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Co-curricular activities at the school include scientific and engineering fairs, rugby, handball, basketball, football, hockey, badminton, table tennis, music, drama, and athletics, to name a few. The school won the national soccer championship in 1997.
KISII HIGH SCHOOL CLUBS AND SOCIETIES
There are fifteen active clubs and five organisations at the school. Thursdays from 4 to 5 p.m. are set aside for club activities and meetings in the school program. Club meetings take place at this time. Students are encouraged to participate in at least one club or society. The following are the primary goals of the clubs and societies:
1. To educate
2. To stimulate thinking
3. To do research for knowledge and information
4. To entertain
5. To develop creativity
6. To render services to oneself and society
7. To provide an avenue for socialization
8. To help students grow spiritually and morally upright
9. To help students develop and exploit gifts and talents.
The societies include:
1. The Christian Union
2. The Seventh Day Adventists
3. The Legion of Mary
4. The Young Christian Society
5. The Muslim Society.
Kisii High School KCSE performance;
The school has had a history of topping in not only local but national examinations.
For instance, the school emerged the best in Kisii county in 2017’s KCSE with a mean score of 8.273
It had a mean score of 7.652 in 2018’s KCSE.
Kisii school recorded a mean score of 8.381 in 2019
Summary of the result
|MEAN GRADE||NUMBER OF CANDIDATES|
|KISII SCHOOL KCSE RESULTS 2020|
Kisii High School Form one selection;
Students are admitted based on their achievement in the open competitive KCPE examination in comparison to the previous wall. Candidates are evaluated based on their financial need, parental income, and KCPE results. Selection is made exclusively on the basis of merit.
Kisii High School Contacts;
- School’s KNEC code; 40700003
- School’s postal address; P.O. Box 11- 42100, Kisii.
- Telephone/ mobile no. ; 061 2313386.
- Email; [email protected]
- Website; www.kisiischool.ac.ke