The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) is a government agency responsible for governing and maintaining the standards and practices of metrology in Kenya.
The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) planned a massive hiring initiative that would target various departments and skill levels.
The bureau announced 108 openings in a notice that was published on Tuesday, January 31.
These positions included :
- legal officers,
- supply chain officers, and
- principal office administrators.
In specific they need Security personnel, administrative personnel, quality assurance personnel, inspection personnel, market surveillance personnel, laboratory analysts, metrology personnel, certification personnel, and standards personnel are further examples.
Assistant Customer Care Officers, Assistant Technicians in the Metrology Department, and Assistant Technicians in the Testing Laboratory Department were among the final posts, which were selected from several departments.
The deadline for interested applicants to submit their applications is February 15, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
According to KEBS, the available vacancies are in line with the organization’s mandate to provide standards, metrology, and conformity assessment services through encouraging standardization in business and industry.
The bureau guarantees that only those who have been shortlisted will receive calls.
Requirements for Application
- certificate of recognition and equality from the relevant Kenyan organisation was required to be submitted with academic credentials of foreign origin
- All candidates for engineering-related degrees are required to register as graduate engineers.
- Candidates with disabilities and qualified women were urged to apply.
- The bureau issued a warning that there are no fees associated with the hiring process.
- All applicants must also adhere to Kenya’s Constitution, including Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity.
How to Apply
1) Applications must be submitted in one of two formats:
- Electronically to recruitment.kebs.org
- Physically to KEBS HQ, addressed to the Managing Director’s Office on Mombasa Road.
2) The letter must include the name of the open position on the envelope and be postmarked by the deadline.
3) The candidates were urged to submit a cover letter, a comprehensive curriculum vitae outlining their educational history, professional skills, and pertinent experience, as well as copies of testimonials, academic transcripts, and a National Identification Card.