The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the public that the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets (Regular), General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets (Graduate degree holders), Specialist Officers, General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen/women and Defence Forces Constables, is scheduled to take place in the month of November 2021.
The prospective candidates willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces MUST meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:.
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card (ID). Additionally; four (4) copies of National Identity Card and PIN Certificate will be required.
- Be within the following age brackets:
- Between 18 and 26 years for GSO Cadets and General Duty Recruits.
- Not above 30 years of age for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test.
- Not above 39 years of age for Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants.
- Have no criminal record.
- Candidates must meet the following minimum physical requirements:
- Minimum Height:
(1) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
(2) Women 1.52m (5ft).
- Minimum Weight:
(1) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb).
(2) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
Body Mass Index (BMI) MUST be below 30.
- Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
Medical. Candidates must be medically fit and Skin must be healthy devoid of large or deep scars and tattoos.
Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women should have a minimum of two (2) years practising experience in their field of specialisation from the date of registration with the relevant regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
(1) General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one (1) Science subject. The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc degree in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
(2) General Service Officer (GSO) Cadet – Graduate Degree Holders.
Must hold the minimum requirement to qualify as GSO Cadet in Para 3.b.(1) above and be a degree holder from a recognized University/Institution in any of the disciplines listed at Para 4.b. The training period for this category will be twelve (12) months.
(3) Specialist Officers.
Must hold the minimum requirement to qualify as GSO Cadet in Para 3.b.(1) above except for Chaplains/Imams who must hold a minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus) in KCSE. Must be a degree holder from a recognized University/Institution and be registered with a regulatory/statutory body where applicable in any of the disciplines listed at Para 4.c. The training period for Specialist Officers will be six (6) months.
(4) Servicemen/women (General Duty) Recruits.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
(5) Tradesmen/women. Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below:
A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant Certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized institution.
(c) National Youth Service (NYS) trained Technicians or Artisans who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
(a) Be a retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Member or a retired National Youth Serviceman/woman.
(b) Be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between 35 and 45 years old for retired NYS.
(c) Possess a Discharge Certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good” in conduct.
(d) Must have served for nine (9) years Colour Service and retired honourably from KDF
Below is the detailed circular :