Kapsabet Boys High School Brief History
Kapsabet High School is a boys’ national school located in Kapsabet, Kenya, about 40 kilometers from Eldoret, Kenya’s fifth largest city.
The school was established in the year 1925 as the Goverenment African School [GAS], being one of the oldest high schools in Kenya. At that time, the main aim of the school was to cater for the African students at a time when schools were segregated by the British colonialists.
|Motto||Strive to Excel|
Notable alumnis from the school include:
- Daniel Arap Moi, who was the second president of the republic of Kenya,
- William Ruto, who is the current Deputy president of the Republic of Kenya,
- Julius Yego who is the IAAF Javelin world champion and
- Nicholas Biwott who was the former Cabinet Minister.
- Kipruto Rono Arap Kirwa, former Cabinet Minister
- Henry Kosgey, former Cabinet Minister and Member of Parliament
- Stephen Sang, incumbent Governor of Nandi County and former Senator of Nandi County
- Kimaiyo Sego, former Member of Parliament and Minister for Commerce
The school’s current board of management is chaired by Prof. Simeon Arap Mining, and the chief-principal Mr Kipchumba Arap Maiyo
chief-principal Mr Kipchumba Arap Maiyo
Strive to excel.
To be the top school in Kenya
To provide educational services in all learners- friendly environment where all students achieve their potential; in pursuit of excellence, we uphold professionalism.
Kapsabet Boys High School location;
This school is located in Township sub location, Kapsabet location, Nandi North district in the former Rift valley province , Emgwen constituency in Nandi county.
The school is situated along the Eldoret- Chavakali road and it sits on an 80 acre piece of land.
Neighbouring schools include :
- Namgoi primary,
- Kapsabet Boys primary,
- St. Augustine Educational centre,
- Kapsabet school for the deaf and
- Kapsabet Girls’ High school.
Kapsabet Boys High School KCSE performance;
The school has notably ranked among the top time and again.
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education national rankings from 2013 to present:
- In 2013 it was ranked 4th nationally.
- In 2014 it was ranked 2nd nationally.
- In 2015 it was ranked 5th nationally.
- In 2016 it was ranked 15th nationally.
- In 2017 it was ranked 8th nationally.
- In 2018 it was ranked 4th nationally.
- In 2019 it was ranked 2nd nationally.The school also produced the top student in the country in 2019.
- In 2020 it was ranked 1st nationally.
|KAPSABET BOYS HIGH SCHOOL KCSE RESULTS 2019|
Kapsabet Boys High School Form one selection;
Here, form one selection is usually done via academic merit in regards to KCPE examinations. The students who have high results and selected the school as the first choice are given higher priority than others.
Fee structure at Kapsabet High School
The institution provides learners with a high-quality secondary education at a reasonable cost. On the internet, there are no details about the fee structure. The fee structure, on the other hand, will be attached to the admission letter for new students. It is important to note that cash and personal checks are not accepted at the institution for paying school fees.
Uniform for Kapsabet High School
The student will be expected to wear the school uniform at all times after being admitted to the institution, among other norms and regulations.
The school uniform of Kapsabet High School consists of a pair of grey trousers, a white shirt, a red and black tie, and a maroon sweater, as seen in the image below .
The secondary school curriculum in Kenya covers six major areas:
- Communication: English, Kiswahili, and foreign languages),
- Science: Physical Science and Biological Science.
- Humanities: History, government, social education, geography, religious education
- Applied Education: Agriculture, business education, wood technology, metal technology, power mechanics, electrical technology, home science, clothing and textiles, arts, and music)
- Physical Education.
SCHOOL CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Co-curricular activities at the school include scientific and engineering fairs, rugby, handball, basketball, football, hockey, badminton, table tennis, music, drama, and athletics, to name a few
Here are some of the extracurricular activities that students engage in while in school.
- Drama Club
- Debate Club
- Wildlife Club
- Environmental Club
- Journalism Club
- Science Club
- Computer Club
- School leadership through the prefects’ body
- SDA Society
- CU (Christian Union)
- YCS for the Catholics.
Kapsabet Boys High School Contacts (Address, Location, Email, Telephone and Website)
In case you have any queries on the fee structure and admission requirements, you can contact the institution using the following details.
- School Name: Kapsabet Boys High School
- Physical Location: Emgwen Constituency, Nandi County
- Address: P.O. Box 10-0300, Kapsabet.
- City/Town: Kapsabet
- County: Nandi.
- School Category: Public
- School Code :B7100072
- Phone Number:+254-053-52185.
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.kapsabetboys.sc.ke/
Leave a Reply