The Teachers Service Commission has reorganised the reporting structure for teachers in a deliberate move to improve service delivery.
In an internal memo, Chief Executive Officer Dr Nancy Macharia said regional directors, county directors and sub county directors will report directly to her office.
The Research and Data Centre Division, she said, shall functionally report to the Commission Secretary/Chief Executive, but administratively to the Director of Information, Communication and Technology (ICT).
“The Human Resource Management (Secretariat) shall functionally report to the Commission Secretary/Chief Executive,” she said, adding that the function will administratively report to the Director Human Resource Management and Development (HRM&D).
The changes will be effective from December 15, 2021 and will not affect other reporting relationships.
The following are the directorates with divisions and the specialized units under them;
1. Teacher Management Directorate
- Staffing division
- Quality Assurance and Standard and Teacher Registration Division
- Field Service Division
2. Finance and Administration Directorate
- Finance and Accounts Division
- General Administration Division
3. Human Resource Management and Development
- Human Resource management Division
- Human Resource Section Division
- Pension Section
4. Specialized Units
The following specialized units will report Directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- Information Communication and Technology
- Legal Service Commission
- Internal Audit Division
- Corporate Communication Section
- Policy Planning Research and Innovation Section
- Supply Chain Management Section
5. Decentralized Units
In addition to existing county and sub county structures, the commission has established the following regional offices to be headed by TSC regional coordinators.
- Rift Valley
- North Eastern
The regional coordinators shall report to the Deputy Secretary Commission, Teacher Management.