The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a state body that was established to promote career advising programs for students and to coordinate the placement of government-sponsored students in universities and colleges, among other things.
In collaboration with its stakeholders, KUCCPS developed the placement policy, procedures, and criteria to provide equity and access to postsecondary education and training. Government-sponsored students are assigned based on their preferences, merit, and affirmative action criteria.
To do this, applicants are given the option to select their placement at various points throughout the placement cycle in order to maximize their chances of securing their top job choices.
All 2022 KCSE applicants who have registered for courses at the institution may change their minds. Those who did not apply throughout the academic year may do so now.
- The overall minimum entry requirement for Degree courses is a mean grade of C+.
- The overall minimum entry requirement for Diploma courses is C- (minus);
- For Craft Certificate courses is D (plain)
- For Artisan Certificate courses is E
Fourth Form With the exception of the degree, all levels of courses are open to admissions from graduates who took the KCSE exam between 2000 and 2022 but were not placed by the KUCCPS. In other words, students can only apply to TVET colleges for courses.
Candidates for placement in primary teacher training institutes (TTCs) must be Form Four Leavers who took the KCSE between 2000 and 2022 and received a C (plain) or above.
Primary TTCs are also available to non-Kenyans, those with foreign degrees, and Kenyans who have completed other courses but want to pursue teacher training.
Every application must be submitted online at students.kuccps.net, the KUCCPS Student Portal. You can check application criteria, programs available, fundamental topic requirements, and more.
How to Apply
- Visit the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.ke and click Student’s Portal tab.
- On the portal, click the Login tab
- To log in, enter your KCSE Index Number, your KCSE year, and your password. (Your password is your KCPE index number OR your birth certificate number.)
- Once logged in, view the available courses, universities, and TVET colleges on the Programmes and Institutions tabs. When you find the courses, you want and qualify for, add them to the Basket or note down their program codes.
- To apply, click Application/Revision and key in the program codes in the provided form in the order or priority. (If you enter a code for a course you don’t qualify for, the system will reject it and you will have to enter a code for another course. Repeat this until all codes are accepted).
- Once the system has accepted all your program codes, Submit them.
- To complete your submission, follow the payment procedures that will appear on your screen.
- For detailed guidelines, download and read the Student’s Guide available on the portal under Downloads.