When it comes to Job interviews rather Admission to Higher institutions or Colleges the certificates required before one is considered mostly are Kenya certificate of secondary Education (KCSE) and Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE). These certificates tend to act as a proof that one has qualified.
In case one misplace these certificates here is what to be done to secure a new one.
Under section 10 of the Kenya National Examination Council Act , the council is mandated to replace certificates to candidates upon proof of loss of the original certificate.
In March 2009 ,KNEC implemented a rule that all misplaced certificates from 1981 should be reinstated.At the same time the Council ruled that a candidate is allowed to replace his/her certificate once .
Below is the procedure to be followed to replace your lost KCPE or KCSE certificate.
- Fill in the KNEC certificate replacement form (The form obtained from KNEC offices or KNEC website http://qmis.knec.ac.ke ).
- Carefully fill the form ,without leaving any field blank.
- Attach all relevant documents.
Here is the application form
Ensure you attach the following important documents to the duly filled KNEC certificate replacement form.
- Copy of certificate (mandatory).
- Copy of ID/Passport or Birth certificate(for under 18 years candidates).Names in these Documents should tally with those used during examination.Those who have legally changed names,should attach documents used to change their name.
- Original Sworn legal affidavit.
- Original copy of Police abstract indicating loss of the certificate(s).
- Letter of Completion /recommendation from school/exam center.
Original KNEC bank deposit slip (mandatory).
KNEC charges a replacement fee of kshs 5,800(16% VAT tax inclusive) per a certificate lost.The fee is payable to KNEC collection accounts in any of the branches of the Banks listed below:-
- National Bank of Kenya.
- Kenya Commercial Bank.
- Equity Bank.
- Co-operative Bank.
Note :The KNEC deposit bank slips are available in all the banks above.
After confirming that the details filled are accurate and authentic; Send a sealed envelope containing all documents mentioned above to the KNEC address below:-
Council Secretary/Chief Executive,
Kenya National Examination Council,
P.O BOX 73598-00200,
- The certificates are ready for collection from KNEC offices, 60 days after submission of request.
- The certificate should be collected by the owner (verify identity by ID).Those under 18 years to be accompanied by a parent(posses an original ID).
- Certificates which will not have been collected from the KNEC offices,Two years from the application date,will be disposed off by the council without consulting the owner(NO refund).