Brief UoN History
The University of Nairobi (UoN), which is located in Kenya’s capital, is the country’s oldest and largest university.
It was formed in 1956 as the Royal Technical College, and following a series of transformations and name changes, it became the university it is today in 1970.
For many years, the University of Nairobi was Kenya’s only higher education school, dedicated solely to serving the training demands of Nairobi’s workforce. It grew and developed specialist programs in the sciences, applied sciences, social sciences, technology, humanities, and the arts later on.
List OF UoN Faculties
| Faculty of Agriculture.(Fag) |
|Faculty of Build Environment and Design (FBD) |
|Faculty of arts (FoA) |
|Faculty of Education (Fed) |
|Kikuyu Campus/Kenya science|
|Faculty of Business and Management sciences (FBM) |
|Faculty of engineering (Feng) |
|Faculty of law (FoL) |
|Faculty of Health sciences (FHS) |
|Faculty of social sciences (FSS) |
|Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (FVM) |
|Upper Kabete campus|
|Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) |
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI (UON) ADMISSION LETTER
The University of Nairobi (UON) admission letter is an important document that enables a prospective student to prepare adequately before joining the institution.
Contents of the UoN admission letter are:
- Your Admission Number
- Your Name
- Your Postal Address and other contact details
- The Course you have been selected to pursue.
- Reporting dates
- What to carry during admission; Original and Copies of your academic certificates, national identity card/ passport, NHIF Card, Coloured Passports and Duly filled registration forms accessible at the university’s website.
- Fees payable and payment details
How To Download University Of Nairobi -(UON)2022/2023 Admission Letter
- Access the KUCCPS Admission Letters Link at https://smis.uonbi.ac.ke/
- Type your Student Registration Number in the ‘Registration Number’ Box.
- For the Password, Use your National ID / Passport No. or KCSE Index No. or Registered Mobile No. as your initial password. Then, click on ‘Log In’.
- Locate the Admission Letter download tab and click on it to download it.
- Print the Admission letter and read the instructions keenly. In case you have queries, please direct them to the University by using the official (provided) contacts on your admission letter.
Documents to Be Downloaded as UON Joining Instructions
- Acceptance Form
- Student’s Regulations Declaration
- Accommodation Declaration
- Medical Form
- Emergency operation consent
- Student Data sheet
- Application for Hostel Form
- Student Personal Details Form
- University Rules and regulations
- Fee programme structure
N/B: These documents should be returned to the University of Nairobi before or during the admissions process, depending on the university’s instructions.