Brief History of Mount Kenya University
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a Chartered University dedicated to provide a broad-based, holistic, and inclusive educational system.
The main campus of Mount Kenya University is in Thika, and there are also campuses there as well as in Nairobi, Parklands, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Nkubu, Meru, Kakamega, and Kisii. Malindi, Kisumu, Nyeri, and Kericho are all study centers for the university, and Garissa, Isiolo, and Kitale have marketing offices.
MKU has successfully established a partnership with like-minded institutions of higher learning around the globe. At the moment, the University has more than 50 linkages and partnerships at the local, regional, and international levels.
The University has three (3) institutes namely: Equip Africa Institute, Institute of Security, Justice and Ethics and Institute of Films, Performing and Creative Arts, one (1) College( Equip Africa College of Health Sciences) and 13 schools namely: Medical School; Public Health; Nursing; Clinical Medicine; Pharmacy; Law; Pure and Applied Sciences; Engineering Energy and Built Environment; Education; Computing and Informatics; Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Management; Social Sciences and School of Business and Economics.
MKU has 16 campuses and marketing centres spread both within the country and the greater East African region.
How to download MKU 2022/2023 admission letter
- Visit MKU student portal: https://studentportal.mku.ac.ke
- Go to applicants /new students
- Enter the application ref or the index no /year e.g. 08237009083/2021
- Click generate applicant letter of offer
- Click Print /download letter of offer
- Download the other attached documents
The reporting dates are indicated in the admission letters
MKU Admission Requirements
During admission or registration day you will be required to produce the following documents (Original and Copies):
- Academic Certificate
- National Identity card or Passport
- NHIF card OR Medical Insurance Cover Policy Number
- one 1 x 1 colored passport-size photograph
- filled registration forms that you can download from official MKU Website www.mku.ac.ke.
Documents to Be Downloaded as MKU Joining Instructions
- Acceptance Form
- Student’s Regulations Declaration
- Accommodation Declaration
- Medical Form
- Emergency operation consent
- Student Data sheet
- Application for Hostel Form
- Student Personal Details Form
- University Rules and regulations
- Fee programme structure