1.How to check HELB loan Status Via Portal
- Go to your chrome browser and visit HELB website via www.helb.co.ke
- On the menu items click on the student portal (You must be registered).
- Login using your details(username/email and password).
- Click on the “loan status”tab
- Click on the “Disbursement” tab, a form indicating your loan disbursement status will appear.
- You can confirm the amount of loan awarded and date it was/will be disbursed.
- Students can also check their loan disbursement status. with HELB smart cards .
HELB USSD code(*642)
HELB has alternatively come up with a USSD code which opens an interface where applicants access HELB services even without internet connection.For HELB beneficiaries to use the USSD code,they MUST first register for the HELB mobile services.
How To Register For HELB Mobile Services
- Dial *642# on your mobile phone and send.
- Enter option 1 and send.
- Key in your first name,last name ,ID number ,date of birth
- Enter and confirm a PIN that you can easily remember.
N/B:You will receive a confirmation message for successful registration.
2.How to check HELB loan Status Via USSD Code (*642)
- On your mobile phone dial*642#.
- Select and click the login option.
- Enter your pin.
- Choose loan application and disbursement.
- Select loan disbursement and select the academic year.
- You will receive an SMS concerning your loan disbursement status.
3.How To Check Loan Status Via HELB App
The Higher Education Loans Board has yet again simplified its services through the new HELB mobile application.The application can be used to access the following services:-
- Loan application.
- Loan status check
- Scholarship Application
- Update of details.
- Loan Repayment.
Below is a step by step guide on how to check loan status using the new HELB app.
- Download and install the latest version of the HELB application from Google play store.
- On the first page,enter your phone number to generate a pin(Will be sent to your Email or phone number)
- Validate your pin.
- The next step is to activate the app ,Enter your first name (in the ID),your ID number,and Email address then click register and proceed.
- Your details will automatically appear if you had registered earlier using the online portal or Mobile service.
- In the next window set your app pin and proceed
- On successful login,Click on loans tab,click on loan status then select the academic year of the loan you want to check status .All the loan details will appear on the screen.
- To access a secure and an up to-date HELB app, use Google play store .
- If your HELB app reads ‘blocked’ after several attempts of getting a verification code,exercise patience as it will automatically unblock you after 30 minutes.