Article 232 of the TSC act 2012 empowers the commission to register all teachers who meet the bare minimums for registration. Successfully registered applicants are then issued with a certificate of registration that bears a TSC number.
When it comes to Employment and promotion of a teacher in the service the certificate serves as a crucial document.
Requirements for TSC Number Application
|Academic qualification||Minimum KSCE Grade|
When it comes to a secondary school teacher despite meeting the above qualification,he/she must have a minimum of C+ in the two teaching subjects.
Below are the necessary documents required during application ;
- Copy of National ID.
- A bank slip.
- KRA pin certificate.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates.
- Passport sized photo.
- GP69 form.
- Entry and work permit( for Non Kenyans).
N/B:An applicant must ensure he/she posses a bank slip after making direct payment of Ksh.1,055 to the TSC account. (Ksh.1,000 is for TSC registration fee – non refundable and Ksh.55 is for bank commission charge).
The fee is deposited in ;
National bank of Kenya(NBK)
Account number:01001000905001(direct banking) or use M-pesa
Pay bill number number:625625 ,account number is TSC followed by ID number egTSC12345678 (no spacing) .The above fee is for new registration ,Ksh.2,055 is paid to process a duplicate certificate(Replacement).
TSC Online Registration
To apply for a TSC certificate that bears TSC number below is the procedure to be followed.
- Visit the TSC service portal via the link http://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/
- As indicated at the bottom of the page,key in your ID number and Surname,click on “next” to continue.
- In this page an applicant is required to fill basic background details.Fill all fields correctly,then click ‘next’.
- In Section C fill in educational and professional qualifications,remember to save each record by clicking on the save icon,Once done click ‘next’
- In this part ,upload all the required documents,click ‘next’ once done(documents uploaded must be scanned ).
- Finally provide all the necessary details as instructed and click on save.
NOTE:Any information provided to the Teacher Service Commission must be true. Any false sentiments stand to be an offence.
In case of an offence bridged according to the law a person is convicted for a fine of Ksh.100,000 or imprisoned for 12 months or Serve both.
How to check TSC number Registration status
- Visit the TSC online Portal via the link http://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/
- Click on the ”Registration Status” tab .
- Enter your ID/passport number and click on ‘search’. Red writings displayed states the status of Your registration.
The following indicators are likely to be displayed when checking registration status online:-
In Progress:Application successfully and was submitted but not yet checked at the registry.
Verified:The application has been approved.
Registered: Indicates final stage for a successful applicant.The TSC number will be displayed on the portal ,the applicant will also receive an SMS from TSC.
Reset:This is an error mean’t during application and should be rectified promptly, with this display an error will be stated in the tsc portal and through a short message text.
Incomplete:The application is not complete or not submitted for verification.
Rejected:This is a feedback given when an applicant does not meet the minimum requirements for registration as a teacher.