The form one selection list for 2021 has been released by the Ministry of Education. As previously stated, once the selection process is over, each candidate must transmit their index numbers to 22263 to find out which secondary school they have been placed to.
In fact, some parents may desire to send their children to the school of their preference. To accomplish this, the ministry of education has established a protocol for changing the assigned school. This is because each applicant has a NEMIS number, which must be used if the candidate wishes to move schools.
(1) . The parent should place a request to the school of interest where he or she wants his kid to school from. The preferred school will then carry out the shortlisting depending on the vacancies they have.
(2) . The school through NEMIS via this link http://nemis.education.go.ke/ will send the information to the ministry of education to capture the student in the new school.
(3) . Then approval will be done depending on the category of school where the student fit.
(4) . Once the approval is over, the student will be transferred from the previous school to the new school.
(5) . Parent will now be able to download admission letters for the new school.
Form one selection results and admission letters 2022 (Check admission results and letter)
The Ministry of Education’s official SMS code 22263 can be used to receive the 2022 form one selection results. This is the quickest approach for applicants for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) in 2021 to find out their form one placement results. Once the selecting procedure is completed, these results are always available.
HOW TO SEND AN SMS TO RECEIVE 2022 FORM ONE SELECTION RESULTS.
The Ministry of Education is responsible for assigning all 2021 KCPE candidates to their preferred secondary school.
Students are assigned to all public National, Extra County, County, and Sub County schools by the Ministry.
Candidates for the KCPE 2021 are placed according to Ministry of Education criteria. The candidate’s performance (total marks) in the KCPE 2021 examinations is at the top of the Ministry’s list of variables to consider.
National Schools are always assigned to students with the highest scores (above 400).
The vice versa is versa is true as students with lowest scores are placed in Sub County schools.
Another criteria that is considered is affirmative action; where the cut off marks for form one selection is lowered considerably for vulnerable groups of students.
The general performance at the KCPE examinations is also a key determinant in determining the cut-off points for the various categories of schools.
Last, but not least, the form one admissions is pegged on the specific schools’ Form one capacities. This is the maximum number of form one students that a school can accommodate; based on the available space and physical facilities.
Schools can request for change of 2022 form one placements (Adjustment of school’s form one capacity).
Where the capacity of a school has improved due to development of additional facilities in the year, a principal must request for placement of additional students and approval in NEMIS.
After the application, the Ministry reviews and adjusts the school’s form one capacity; usually by allowing the school to admit more form one students.
PROCEDURE FOR CHECKING 2022 FORM ONE SELECTION RESULTS IN A SIMPLE WAY .
To receive your 2022 form one selection results through SMS, follow the procedures below.
- Create a new SMS in your phone’s SMS (Messages) section. Enter 22263 as the receiver number (where the sms will be sent).
- Please enter your complete KCPE 2021 index number (11 digits)
- Simply send the SMS once you’re certain that the index number and recipient information are right.
Please keep in mind that this is a premium service for which you will be charged Sh25 each SMS.
If the Ministry of Education’s SMS is delayed, please wait a few minutes before sending the SMS again. This is because, as soon as the placement results are released, many people will send the identical SMS, thereby causing delays.
Finally, send the SMS confirmation of placement only once the Ministry of Education has made the results public.
The next step is to access your 2022 form one admission letter over the internet.