Under the Kenyan Companies Act, Cap. 486, Equity Bank Limited (the “Bank”) is a Kenyan-domiciled corporation. The bank’s registered office is located at Equity Centre, 9th Floor, PO Box 75104, Nairobi, 00200.
Vacancies Open at Equity Bank Kenya
Credit Manager- Operational Risk Control
The position holder is accountable for the efficient management of operational risk for all Credit Department Units (including Credit Underwriting, Credit Administration, Credit Monitoring and Control, Early Collections, and the Debt Recovery Unit) throughout the entire process.
- To ensure Credit policies, processes and procedures are up to date and are effectively adhered to in all Credit departments.
- To ensure operational risk sub-types are proactively identified, assessed, controlled and reported in a timely manner to the Department’s senior management and Operational Risk Function.
- To assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) and in implementation and management of operational risk within Credit.
- To ensure that operational risks are properly assessed, that risk / return and control cost / benefit decisions are made transparently on the basis of this proper assessment and are controlled in accordance with the Group’s Standards and its Risk Appetite.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Operational Risk Governance
- Align the Bank’s operational risk management approach to the Risk Management Framework and oversee its effective application.
- To ensure Operational Risk Management Framework is effectively embedded and communicated in the Department.
- Coordinate monthly Departmental Operational Risk Committee meetings to discuss non-financial risks and perform secretarial duties.
- Liaise with the Business Units to establish and periodically update the Department’s operational risk appetite.
- Periodically assess the Department’s operational risk profile.
Operational Risk Ownership
- Provide a focal point of control over the aggregate level of operational risk in the Department that arises from end to end processes.
- Ensure that the Business Unit Team Leaders and all staff in the Department understand and accept their risk management responsibilities in relation to operational risk.
- Design, maintain and effectively communicate operational risk control parameters across the Department.
- Roll out the operational risk management process in the Department: risk identification, assessment, control, monitoring and reporting.
Risk identification, assessment, control and monitoring
- Liaise with Unit Team Leaders to identify key risks and controls in all processes and sub-processes in the Unit’s activities.
- Establish and on a continuous basis update the Departmental Risk Register.
- Design and implement Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) in Credit Department.
- To undertake periodic testing of key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of the controls.
- Ensure adequacy of the risk assessment process and prioritise risk issues to be controlled to within risk appetite.
- To report risks and losses in Credit departments to the Department’s Team Leaders and Operational Risk Function using standard templates.
- To assist Business Units within Credit in developing and updating processes, controls and monitoring plans.
- To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls.
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all RCSA related activities
- To complete monthly Key Risk Indicator (KRI) reports and submit to Operational Risk Function
- To collate and timely report operational risk incidences in Credit.
- To monitor and analyse risks in customer complaints in Credit departments.
- Periodically review operational risk assessments to ensure these appropriately reflect changes in environment, mitigating controls and the progress of treatment plans.
- Systematically monitor process control effectiveness where there are material risks of process control failure.
- Work with Operational Risk Function and review control and risk metrics in order to monitor KRIs
- Liaise with Unit Team Leaders in preparation of risk acceptance proposals to the relevant risk committees for approval.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- A master’s degree in business related field
- Credit related certifications
- Operational risk certification
- Work Experience & Skills
- Relevant business/function experience of over 5 years (Exposure in Credit Risk processes preferred).
- A clear understanding of the Bank’s approach to the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organisations.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, leveraging resources across the organisation to complete deliverables.
- The sound judgement and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
Closing: Feb 7, 2023
Senior Officer- Monitoring & Control- Digital Lending
Monitoring & Control Officer will organize, plan, and monitor all digital lending’s strategies and customer experience function. The officer will ensure adherence and effective control of all aspects of Digital Lending activities in order to minimize risks and offer excellent customer service. The officer will be responsible for overseeing multiple different processes involved in making the products a reality and operate effectively and will provide support to various units within the department in an effective manner.
The role works closely with quality management and customer services functions within Equity Bank as well as other partners.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Implementation of the Digital Lending framework as outlined within the Bank’s Credit Policies, CBK Risk Management Guidelines and CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Effective independent oversight of automated credit decisioning engines and their performance with respect to the rules assigned for appropriate selection of customers for lending.
- Ensuring follow-up and closure of all outstanding internal/external audit and compliance findings as well as RSCA gaps relating to the Digital Lending function.
- Ensure that facilities are captured in the system with the approved terms and that income due to the Bank is collected.
- Escalation of any non-adherence to management and other stakeholders whilst proposing remedial measures for non-compliance.
- Development of periodic MIS reports on the status of all aspects relating to the monitoring aspects within the Digital Lending Department.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by tracking the overall efficiency and SLA adherence of the Digital Lending Department.
- Documentation of the relevant policy rule changes while ensuring that the appropriate authorization mandates have been met.
- Any other duties as shall be assigned from time to time by the line manager.
- Excellent business relationship management skills
- Ability to develop, plan , execute and implement according to corporate and project plan strategies.
- A high aptitude and comfort level with technical environments and the ability to work in a highly demanding environment and able to meet aggressive deadlines.
Key Critical Competencies
- Ability to lead and supervise complex teams and a good motivator.
- Should have an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to remain highly organized and be able to multitask
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical thinker with great critical thinking skills.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- BA/BS in Education, Mathematics, Business, Quantitative Finance, Computer science, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or Similar Quantitative field; A Master’s degree is a plus Professional course in Credit Management would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial services especially credit management and preferable in a credit administration background.
- Experience of operating in a collection centre setup will be a desirable advantage
- In depth knowledge of sales and recovery techniques.
- In depth knowledge of credit management systems and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- IT literacy
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Knowledge of English
Closing: Feb 11, 2023
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.