The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) is a legal entity established by Section 3(1) of the Engineers Act, 2011.
The Board is in charge of registering engineers and engineering firms, controlling the provision of professional engineering services, establishing standards, fostering development, and overseeing the general practice of engineering.
The Engineers Act of 2011’s section 7 (1) (9) lists “Planning, arranging, coordinating, and overseeing continuing professional training and development and facilitating internship of graduate engineers” as one of the Board’s functions.
The Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP), operated by the Engineers Board of Kenya, is a structured internship program for recently graduated engineers that aims to help students develop the necessary practical skills and get them ready for careers in engineering.
The program runs for 36 months, and the interns are trained under professional engineers who are registered by the Board.
The board will provide monthly stipend to graduate trainees as per the Public commission guidelines.
Qualifications for the Graduate Engineers
1. The deadline for application is Friday 19th August 2022 at 5pm EAT
2. The Board does not guarantee employment after completion of the Internship Program
3. The Board DOES NOT charge any fee for this process
4. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. 5. If shortlisted, applicants will be expected to provide the following additional information:-
- A valid personal accident insurance cover
- A valid personal medical insurance cover by NHIF or any other reputable medical insurance firm
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority PIN Certificate
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
7. All applications MUST be submitted online via the procedure below
How To Apply
Log on to www.ebk.go.ke
Click on the Training and Development tab
Click on the Graduate Engineers Internship program, then click on “Apply to Graduate Engineers Internship Program”.
“Sign up” to create an account then submit your application.
In case of any challenge or issues, please send an email query to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0722 509 972.
The Registrar/Chief Executive Officer
Engineers Board of Kenya Fortis Suites Off Hospital Road, 9th Floor
P.O. Box 30324 00100