Easy way How you can be employed by TSC
What comes next after teacher training is definitely something you’re considering. Well. If you’ve been wondering, “How can I get hired by TSC?” but don’t know how to answer it, you’ve come to the perfect place.
In Kenya, all teachers must be hired by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC), an organization with this responsibility. In addition to its other duties, all teachers must be registered with the Commission after graduation. In Kenya, the TSC has established recruiting guidelines that must be adhered to in order to be hired as a primary or secondary teacher.
Candidates applying for vacancies in primary schools must hold a P1 certificate as a minimum requirement. The TSC County Director in the county where the opening has been advertised should receive applications from interested individuals along with all pertinent academic and professional documentation. Successful candidates are sent to serve anywhere in the nation.
Applicants applying for vacancies in secondary schools must obtain at least a diploma in education. Interested candidates should apply to the secretary and board of management of the school where the post has been advertised and send a copy of the application to the TSC County Director.
Requirements for you to be employed by TSC
- You must be a Kenyan citizen
- You must be 45 years of age and below
- You must be registered as a teacher as per Section 23 of the Teachers Service Commission Act 2012. Those without registration certificates must attach a printout of the online application /copy of payment receipt of the application for registration
- You must have original Professional and Academic Certificates
Minimum TSCRequirements for employment of P1 teacher
Primary teachers are usually employed through selection. During the selection day one should carry the following original documents to sub-county selection panel;
- National Identity card.
- CPE/KCPE certificate (including first attempt certificate if one repeated exam).
- PTE certificate.
- School/college leaving certificates.
Candidates without academic and professional certificates must show evidence of having applied for confirmation from KNEC and it is the owners of the concerned teacher to follow up with KNEC within 14 days.
Minimum TSC Requirement for Secondary school teacher
A secondary school teacher can either be a graduate or a diploma holder
- A minimum mean grade of a C+ at KCSE and a minimum mean grade of C+ in each of the two teaching subjects or a minimum of 2 principles and 1 subsidiary pass at ‘A’ Level.
- Bachelor of education degree with 2 teaching subjects
- Bachelor of Science with education or Arts Degree with education with two teaching subjects
- Diploma in Education from a recognized Teacher Training Institution
- A minimum grade of C+ at KCSE and with at least C+ OR credit pass in the two teaching subjects or a minimum of 1 principle and 2 subsidiaries at A-level.
Diploma teachers who graduated in 2008 or before with mean grade C plain and subject grades of C plain qualify for consideration.