Easy way to Download E-mailed TSC Registration Certificate
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has introduced digital teacher registration certificates as part of its effort to digitize services.
Here’s how the new digital registration process works:
1. When applying for registration with TSC, teachers will be required to provide a valid email address.
2. TSC will use the provided email address to send the certificate of registration in soft-copy (digital format).
3. To verify the authenticity of the applicant, a One Time Pin (OTP) verification code will be sent to the applicant’s phone. The applicant needs to enter this code to complete the verification process.
4. It’s crucial to provide a valid email address that you can access at any time, as you may face problems if you provide an email address that you cannot access.
5. Once the registration is successful, the digitized certificate of registration will be emailed to the provided email address.
6. Teachers can then download the emailed certificate of registration and print it as a hard copy to serve as evidence of their registration with TSC.
This digital approach aims to streamline and modernize the registration process for teachers and provide them with easy access to their registration certificates.
In addition to the digital registration process, there are specific requirements for registration as a teacher, which include providing:
- a Certificate of Good Conduct,
- relevant academic and professional certificates,
- identification documents,
- passport photos,
- KRA Pin Certificate,
- a filled GP 69 Medical Form, and
- the payment of a registration fee.
For non-Kenyan citizens, additional requirements apply, such as:
- academic and professional certificates obtained in Kenya or the country of origin,
- a Certificate of Registration as a teacher or authority to teach in the country of origin,
- a valid Entry/Work Permit,
- a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the relevant law enforcement agency in the country of origin,
- a vetting letter from the Ministry of Education (Kenya), and the prescribed fee.
All documents must be certified by a TSC Director or TSC Sub County Director