Duties and Responsibilities of B5 and C1 teachers (Primary Teacher I and II)
Kindly note that teachers in job group B5 also known as Primary Teacher I are in T-Scale 5 while those in job group C1 also known as Primary Teacher II are in T-Scale 6.
The duties and responsibilities are as outlined by Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
1. Prepare lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables, schemes of work and maintain academic standards in the school to ensure that the syllabus is covered in time for evaluation.
2. Teach the subjects of specialization and impart knowledge, skills and attitude to learner.
3. Evaluate the learners in subjects of specialization and prepare learners for national and other examinations.
4. Introduce new ideas and programmes for improvement in teaching and learning in subjects of specialization.
5. Ensure safety and health of learners.
6. Ensure cleanliness of the school compound and tidiness of learners.
7. Ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery through teamwork and collaborative planning.
8. Serve as a role model and maintain learner discipline to create a conducive environment for learning.
9. Provide guidance and counseling services to learners to instill norms and values for harmonious co-existence.
10. Participate in workshops, seminars, symposiums to share ideas and enhance knowledge in subject areas.
11. Engage learners in curricular and co-curricular activities so as to identify, nurture and develop talents.
12. Organize remedial actions for learners with performance gaps.
13. Perform any other duty as may be assigned.
SALARY SCALE AND ALLOWANCES PAID TO B5 AND C1 TEACHERS
|Grade||TSC Scale||Basic Pay|
|Grade||TSC Scale||Commuter Allowance p.m|
DISABILITY GUIDE ALLOWANCE
|Grade||TSC Scale||Disability Guide Allowance p.m|
|Grade||TSC Scale||Annual Leave Allowance p.m|
|Grade||TSC Scale||Hardship Allowance p.m|
|Grade||TSC Scale||Hse1 Nairobi||Hse2 -Major Municipalities- Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret, Thika, Kisii and Kitale||Hse3 -Other former Minor Municipalities||Hse4 – alI other areas|