Kenyatta University is a public university in Kenya that is well-known for producing outstanding graduates.
It is one of the most prestigious universities in East Africa. The university takes pride in offering high-quality courses that attract students who want to be globally competitive. Its motto is Transforming Higher Education.
How to enroll in Kenyatta University
- Proof of payment, either M-Pesa Ref No. or Bank deposit slip.
- Ensure you have met the minimum entry requirements for the selected program.
- Academic certificates.
- Passport photo.
- Identification documents, birth certificate, identification card, or passport.
Here is a step by step procedure on how to submit your application:
- Visit the online admissions tab and create an account if you do not have one
- Fill in your personal details, then click save and continue.
- Choose the program you intend to pursue. First, choose the mode of study, e.g., digital school, regular, IBP, etc. before selecting the program. i.e., certificate, diploma, or degree.
- Proceed to the next tab, which will require you to choose the type of program and the campus.
- Proceed to the academic profile section. This section requires you to fill in educational details.
- In the first part, fill in the details of the secondary school you attended and the years you attended. In case you attended more than one secondary schools, click on add more schools and fill in the details of the other schools.
- The second part requires you to upload files in the system. You should begin by uploading a passport-sized photo of yourself, and then proceed to upload a copy of your national ID or birth certificate. The next part requires you to upload copies of your academic certificates.
- Click on the agree button. By clicking on the small button besides agree, you declare that the information you have provided is true. Proceed by clicking save and next.
- Go to the payment section. Choose the mode of payment by clicking on offline payment. For offline payment, simply enter the details of the bank you deposited the fee. In the upload receipt section, upload a scanned copy of the bank deposit slip.
- You will receive a message at this stage that you have successfully completed your application. You can download a copy of the whole document by clicking on download pdf button.
- So, which certificate programs are available at Kenyatta University? If you meet the minimum entry requirements, you can enroll in a variety of certificate courses. It should be noted that a C- in KSCE or its equivalent is the minimum entry requirement for any certificate course. There are, however, a few certificate courses that you can enroll in with a D+.
- Certificate in SportsAdministration and Management
- Certificate in early childhood Development
- Certificate in Security and Correctional Science Intensive English.
- Certificate Certificate in French
- Certificate in German Certificate in Japanese
- Certificate in Chinese Language and Culture
- Certificate in Business Management.
- Certificate in Hospitality and Management
- Certificate in Information Technology.
- Certificate in Tourism Studies
- Certificate in Nutrition and Health
- Certificate in Disaster Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Crime Management and Prevention
- Certificate in School Management
- Certificate in Public Relations
- Certificate in Guidance and Counseling.
It is important to note that Certificate in Sports Management and Administration is the only certificate course offered by the university which gives you the option of taking online classes.
1. Certificate in PC Hardware & Software Maintenance The minimum entry requirements for this course are a minimum of D+ (plus) in KCSE. In addition, you need to have scored at least D (plain) in Mathematics and English.
2. Certificate in Introduction to IoT & Introduction to Cybersecurity This course’s minimum entry requirements are at least D+ (plus) KCSE mean grade, and D (plain) in Mathematics and English.
3. CCNA Networking
To qualify for this program, you need to have scored a minimum of D+ in your KCSE with at least D plain in Mathematics and English. Computer use proficiency is an additional requirement. The course duration is 4-6 weeks.
4. Cyber Security Essentials You need a minimum grade of D+ in KCSE or its equivalent with at least a D plain in Mathematics and Physics to enroll for this course. Computer use proficiency is an additional requirement. The course duration is four weeks.
5. Programming Essentials The minimum entry requirements for this course are a minimum of D+ (plus) in KCSE. You need to have scored at least D (plain) in Mathematics and Physics. Computer use proficiency is an additional requirement. The course duration is 4 – 6 weeks.
6. Certificate of Proficiency in Chinese Language and Culture This course’s minimum entry requirements are a minimum of D+ (plus) in KCSE or its equivalent. The duration of the course is one semester, and you can choose between full-time and part-time classes.