Meru County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on a replacement as indicated in the institutions for Early Childhood Development Education Centres (ECDEs) listed below.
Early Childhood Development Education Teachers (ECDE) JG ‘D’ (81 posts) in the below-listed schools.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Class teaching.
- Organizing and facilitating play/learning activities to enable children cope with primary school life.
- Caring and nurturing spiritual, moral, social, mental and physical growth of children.
- Managing ECDE Centers and keeping professional records (schemes of work, lesson plans, daily program of activities etc.) and ensuring children’s safety and security.
- Preparing and developing play/learning materials.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment too this grade, a candidate must be in possession of:-
- Certificate or Diploma in Early Childhood Development Education offered by KNEC/Ministry of Education or its approved equivalent.
- A Certificate in Computer Proficiency
- Registered by the Teachers Service Commission
In addition to the above requirements, an ECDE Teacher must have the following:
- Eighteen (18) years old and above and of sound min d.
- Valid medical report.
- Relate well with children, parents and other members of soc iety
- Relate well with children, parents and other members of the society
- Ability to think creatively and constructively
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply
Applicants are requested to download, print and fill the ECDEs Teachers application form
Important information to all Applicants:
- All applications should be hand delivered or sent by mail to the undersigned
- The applications deadline will be on 24TH FEBRUARY 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted