CBK Announces Internship Programme for fresh graduates from Campus
On Tuesday, July 4, the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) announced opportunities for internships for recent graduates through its six-month internship program.
According to the financial regulator, successful candidates will be allowed to intern with the institution for a period of time before being released to pursue prospects in the employment market.
According to CBK, the internship program is intended to develop and train young talents for opportunities for employment in Kenya’s banking and financial sector.
“The internship program also provides participants with an excellent opportunity to gain workplace experience, expand knowledge, refine career goals and build professional networks, mentors and contacts,” the regulator added.
- Interested candidates must be holders of a first degree from a recognised university in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Banking, Accounting, Micro-Finance, Management or Social Sciences, Law, or related discipline or a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Since the program is aimed at empowering young talents, applicants must be Kenyans aged between 21 and 29 years of age.
- “Applicants must have graduated within the last 24 months from the closing date of the advertisement and/or awaiting graduation,” the institution added.
- during the application, candidates must attach references from universities attended and prove not to have undertaken any other internship program or been exposed to work experience related to their study area since graduating.
How to apply
Those who meet the aforementioned requirements were asked to submit their online application through http://www.careers.centralbank.go.ke:8443
On the online form, applicants must attach the following documents;
- copies of academic certificates,
- exam transcripts and a recommendation/reference letter from your learning institution.
Duly submitted application forms should be received by CBK on or before Monday, July 24, 2023.