AGORO SARE HIGH SCHOOL’S BRIEF HISTORY
Agoro Sare High School (ASHS) is a public high school for boys located in Oyugis, Homa Bay County, Kenya. It was established in 1958 and is categorized as an Extra-County School meaning up to 40% of students from outside the county can be enrolled into the institution.
|Name||AGORO SARE HIGH SCHOOL’S|
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Labour to Success|
|Colour(s)||Red, white, gold and black|
AGORO SARE HIGH SCHOOL’S PHYSICAL LOCATION
Agoro Sare Secondary School is a Public Secondary School, located at Oyugis Town, Karachuonyo Constituency in Homa Bay County; Nyanza Region, Kenya.
Notable alumni from the school include:
- Evans Kidero, politician
AGORO SARE HIGH SCHOOL’S INFO AT A GLANCE
- SCHOOL’S NAME: Agoro Sare High School
- SCHOOL’S TYPE: Boys’ Boarding School
- SCHOOL’S CATEGORY: County
- SCHOOL’S LEVEL: Secondary
- SCHOOL’S LOCATION: located at Oyugis Town, Karachuonyo Constituency in Homa Bay County; Nyanza Region, Kenya.
- SCHOOL’S KNEC CODE: 41710301
- SCHOOL’S OWNERSHIP STATUS: Public School
- SCHOOL’S PHONE CONTACT: +254 799 791 571 | 059-31016
- SCHOOL’S POSTAL ADDRESS: P.O. Box 80, Oyugis 40222
- SCHOOL’S EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
- SCHOOL’S WEBSITE: http://agorosarehs.sc.ke/
• To be a center of academic excellence, producing responsible and self-reliant citizens.
• To labour towards success by nurturing learners inherent abilities through co-operation, discipline and self-sacrifice
Labour to Success
AGORO SARE HIGH SCHOOL’S FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA & ADMISSIONS
Students are admitted based on their achievement in the open competitive KCPE examination in comparison to the previous wall. Candidates are evaluated based on their financial need, parental income, and KCPE results. Selection is made exclusively on the basis of merit
The school offers a curriculum based on international standards that includes 24 subjects, 22 examinable subjects, and two non-examinable subjects.
SCHOOL CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Co-curricular activities at the school include scientific and engineering fairs, rugby, handball, basketball, football, hockey, badminton, table tennis, music, drama, and athletics, to name a few.
The school competes in the Kenya Secondary Schools Sports Association (KSSSA), as a secondary school in Kenya. In 2019, Term 1 games, Agoro Sare High beat arch rivals Maseno High School in Nyanza Regional Basketball contest to become the new 2019 Champions.
SCHOOL CLUBS AND SOCIETIES
There are fifteen active clubs and five organisations at the school. Thursdays from 4 to 5 p.m. are set aside for club activities and meetings in the school program. Club meetings take place at this time. Students are encouraged to participate in at least one club or society. The following are the primary goals of the clubs and societies:
1. To educate
2. To stimulate thinking
3. To do research for knowledge and information
4. To entertain
5. To develop creativity
6. To render services to oneself and society
7. To provide an avenue for socialization
8. To help students grow spiritually and morally upright
9. To help students develop and exploit gifts and talents.
The societies include:
1. The Christian Union
2. The Seventh Day Adventists
3. The Legion of Mary
4. The Young Christian Society
5. The Muslim Society.
AGORO SARE HIGH SCHOOL’S KCSE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
An emerging sports power house, the school has also maintained a good run in performance at the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, exams.
In the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams the school registered a total of 380 candidates who managed to score a mean of a B+ (plus) with a performance index of 69.737.
In 2019, the school had a total candidature of 413 students.Agoro Sare High school managed a mean score of 8.8834 in the 2019 KCSE examination.
The 2020 academic calendar had myriad of challenges owing to Covid 19 pandemic disrupting normal learning, in spite of this our 2020 KCSE candidates managed to register an exemplary performance that saw the school produce the second best student nationally.
With a total candidates of 479 in KCSE 2020, the school prides itself of sending 457 students directly to university. These 457 candidates (95%) scored above C plus (C+), which is the minimum entry grade to university as stipulated by placement board, KUCCPS.
AGORO SARE HIGH SCHOOL’S PREVIOUS KCSE RESULTS
AGORO SARE HIGH SCHOOL’S CONTACTS
In need of more information about the school? Worry not. Use any of the contacts below for inquiries and/ or clarifications:
- Phone: +254 799 791 571 | 059-31016/ +254 733473382
- Postal Address: Agoro Sare High School, P.O. Box 08 – 40222, Oyugis
- Website: http://agorosarehs.sc.ke/
- Email Address: [email protected]
Leave a Reply