All 2022 KCSE students who obtained a C+ or higher will be placed in universities, public TVE colleges, and TTCs for government sponsorship.
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is pleased to announce the following:
All 2022 KCSE candidates who applied for courses at school and want to change their choices are invited to do so. Those who did not apply at school may do so during the application period.
What are the minimum requirements?
- The overall minimum entry requirement for Degree courses is a mean grade of C+.
- The overall minimum entry requirement for Diploma courses is C- (minus);
- for Craft Certificate courses is D (plain); and
- for Artisan Certificate courses is E.
Who is eligible to apply?
Form Four Leavers who sat the KCSE examination between 2000 and 2022 and were not placed by KUCCPS are eligible to apply for courses at all levels except the degree. (That is, students can only apply for courses offered by TVET colleges.)
Form Four Leavers who sat for the KCSE between 2000 and 2022 and obtained a C (plain) or higher are eligible to apply for placement in primary teacher training colleges (TTCs).
Primary TTCs are also open to Kenyans who have completed other courses but want to train to become teachers, as well as individuals with foreign qualifications and non-Kenyans.
All applications must be submitted online via the KUCCPS Student Portal, students.kuccps.net.
On the portal, you can see application guidelines, available programs, minimal subject requirements, and applicants’ weighted cluster points (cluster weights).
How to Apply
1. Visit the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.ke and click Student’s Portal tab.
2. On the portal, click the Login tab.
3. To log in, enter your KCSE Index Number, your KCSE year and your password. (Your password is your KCPE index number OR your birth certificate number.)
4. Once logged in, view the available courses, universities and TVET colleges on the Programmes and Institutions tabs. When you find the courses you want and qualify for, add them to the Basket or note down their programme codes.
5. To apply, click Application/Revision and key in the programme codes in the provided form in the order or priority. (If you enter a code for a course you don’t qualify for, the system will reject it and you will have to enter a code for another course. Repeat this until all codes are accepted).
6. Once the system has accepted all your programme codes, Submit.
7. To complete your submission, follow the payment procedures that will appear on your screen.
8. For detailed guidelines, download and read the Student’s Guide available on the portal under Downloads.