KUCCPS has an online student portal where students can apply for admission to universities, colleges, and TVETs. You can select a course by following the steps outlined below on the KUCCPS student portal.
1. Accessing the Website
Visit the KUCCPS website on www.kuccps.net/www.kuccps.ac.ke
2. Accessing the KUCCPS Student’s Portal
To access the portal Click on the tab marked: “Student’s Portal” as shown below
3. Accessing the Login button
. Click on the button marked: “LOGIN”. tab
4. Logging In
To log in you must have your KCSE index number, KCPE Index number or Birth certificate number. once you have them proceed as follows;
- Enter your KCSE Index Number, Year of KCSE and your password (KCPE Index or Birth Certificate Number) as provided by your teacher in secondary school.
- Click on the button marked: “LOG IN” as shown below.
For a candidate to be eligible to apply for placement the following conditions MUST be met :
- A Kenyan Citizen is governed by Chapter Three of the Constitution of Kenya and the Kenya Citizenship Act Cap 170.
- Sponsorship is only for all applicants who have never benefited completely and KCSE candidates of the preceding year.
- A candidate MUST have a minimum grade of a C+ to apply for a degree course
- For the diploma programme, a candidate must have a c-
- The craft certificate programme requires a minimum grade of D.
- To be admitted to an Artisan certificate you must have an E grade.
- Additionally, all applicants MUST have met the minimum subject requirements for any corresponding course chosen.
5. The Dashboard
On the dashboard, the following is displayed
- A summary of the available institutions and courses.
- The applicant’s weighted cluster points for the 20 clusters (for Degree-qualified applicants only). The PDF with all the clusters can be found under ‘Downloads’
Whenever you see points reading ‘0.000’ it means the candidate did not sit examinations for a subject that is mandatory for courses in a cluster.
- The applicant’s registration details and performance as received from KNEC are shown below
6. Institutions Tab
- To view the institutions available for application, click on the “Institutions” tab
- A list of all institutions will be displayed as shown:
- Clicking on any of the institutions,a list of programmes offered will be displayed as shown in the figure below.
7. Programmes on Offer Tab
- To view the programmes on offer for the application you are advised to click on the “Programmes” tab
- You will notice that all programmes are grouped into wide fields of interest to assist you or applicants choose their most preferred programme.
- If you click on any of the fields a list of programmes under it is displayed.
- A search bar is provided to make your work or applicants’ application process easier
- You only need to type any part of the title to enable you to get the course. e.g. searching for ‘Civil’ returns:
- More information about the course is obtained by licking any of the programmes
An applicant is expected to make an application by submitting his or her preferred choices consisting of a programme code, name and the institution name.
- Applicants having an overall grade of C+ and above are allowed to make a maximum selection of 6 degree programmes where 1(a), 1(b) and 1(c) MUST be similar programmes and 4 for diploma programmes.
- Applicant who has an overall grade of C- and above, is allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices; 4 for diploma and 4 for craft certificate programmes.
- Applicants with an overall grade of D and above is only allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices; 4 for craft certificate and 4 for artisan certificate programmes.
- Applicants having an overall grade of D- (Minus and below), is allowed to make a maximum of 4 choices from artisan certificate programmes.
- You can choose any of the programme that you qualify but you MUST not repeat any your the selections.
8. Programme Details
- The programme page displays either:
- The cluster subjects used to calculate weighted cluster points (for Degree programmes)
- The Minimum mean grade (for TVET programmes)
- The minimum subject requirements (where applicable) are also explained on this page
NB: To do any course you must have:
- Sat for the subjects listed during the KCSE examination.
- Attained the required grade listed or higher. than that
- All the institutions offering the programme are listed at the bottom of this page together with the previous year’s cut-off points.
9. Choosing the Programmes of your choice
- If you are a degree applicant, the Weighted Cluster Points are already calculated and displayed per programme on the right-most column.
- Degree applicants are guided with all the listed cut-off points per institution of the previous year
- The cut-off points are not predetermined and are not available during the application process.
- Cut-off points always vary depending on the programme, institution and application year.
- Always the Previous years’ cut-off points are provided to you or the applicant during the application process.
- TVET applicants only use the minimum grade and subject requirements to test their qualifications to a programme entry.
- Once an applicant identifies a programme he or she will compete well;
- Write down Only the 7-character code that you will use in the application:
- You can copy down the code or add the programme to the course basket for a later application process by clicking on ADD next to the course.
- For programmes that you have added to the basket, the button turns to green and the words change to “ADDED”
- All the saved courses can be accessed later by either clicking the menu item marked
“Course Basket” or on the icon marked “Basket”